Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 16, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,876 of 2,609
Haha you are very welcome but thank you for the review !

I am considering getting a source down the road something AKM 4499 based like a topping D90.... but as you said the FCN-10 is a complete all-in-one which is why i was inclined to it... i downsized my whole collection of headphones and amps from Audeze LCD-2, LCD-3, HiFiMan Arya, HiFiMan HE-1000Se and consolidated to down to just 1 pair of headphones, The Audeze LCD-4z....

I'm done with all the mid-fi stuff and blind buying and the mess of multiple boxes and pairings and just figured I'd get one TOTL headphone and TOTL amp/dac pairing (which doesn't cost an arm and a leg like a Chord Dave and WA-33) with it and call it a day, in my mind I'm thinking of getting another TOTL headphone down the road to complement the LCD-4z so maybe an AB-1266 TC or a Susvara if i could find a pair for a good deal because i think everything else would be redundant after that unless i go uber TOTL with a Chord Dave/Woo WA-33 stack which I don't think I'm ready to spend that kind of money on.

In any case i think the FCN-10 or FA-10 seem like pretty up there in terms of price>performance ratio and an amazing deal for the price... definitely a market disruptor and you might be right that i might not need a FA-12 but im still eager to hear your thoughts on a FA-10 <> FA-12 comparison

Cheers :D

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,877 of 2,609
Haha you are very welcome but thank you for the review !

I am considering getting a source down the road something AKM 4499 based like a topping D90.... but as you said the FCN-10 is a complete all-in-one which is why i was inclined to it... i downsized my whole collection of headphones and amps from Audeze LCD-2, LCD-3, HiFiMan Arya, HiFiMan HE-1000Se and consolidated to down to just 1 pair of headphones, The Audeze LCD-4z....

I'm done with all the mid-fi stuff and blind buying and the mess of multiple boxes and pairings and just figured I'd get one TOTL headphone and TOTL amp/dac pairing (which doesn't cost an arm and a leg like a Chord Dave and WA-33) with it and call it a day, in my mind I'm thinking of getting another TOTL headphone down the road to complement the LCD-4z so maybe an AB-1266 TC or a Susvara if i could find a pair for a good deal because i think everything else would be redundant after that unless i go uber TOTL with a Chord Dave/Woo WA-33 stack which I don't think I'm ready to spend that kind of money on.

In any case i think the FCN-10 or FA-10 seem like pretty up there in terms of price>performance ratio and an amazing deal for the price... definitely a market disruptor and you might be right that i might not need a FA-12 but im still eager to hear your thoughts on a FA-10 <> FA-12 comparison

Cheers :D
I dont know if you've tried it but the D70s is great for the price. Its natural sounding and very detailed, aswell as readily available unlike the D90. You could get a D70s + FA-10 for not much more than the FCN-10.

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #1,879 of 2,609
Currently very happy with my Flux FA-12 amp and Ares 2 dac, but now I’m curious about dynamic headphones as I really only use planars now.

Has anyone tried this amp with the HD600? I keep hearing about how well they scale and curiosity has me wondering if this will solve my want for a good dynamic headphone, or if I should pony up to go back to the Elex I sold due to reliability worries.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #1,881 of 2,609
I have tried it with 650 , 660S , Elex , Clear MG.
Pairs well with everything although not recommended to spice up the 650.
Great synergy with the Focals thanks for the organic and analog timbre.
The Elex still sound kind of bright but very pleasantly so.
Thank you! Are you saying this amp doesn’t really bring out the “scalability” of the hd650?

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,883 of 2,609
No on the contrary but it can't make them more speedy or add some extra liveliness to them as you could do with a more fast or forward amp.
Thank you! I think my planars, Anandas, will fill the speedy and lively roll so no worries there.

Curiosity will probably get the better of me around Black Friday. Would you say there’s still a sizable step up to the Elex vs the hd650 with this amp or does scaling bring them closer together in performance?

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,884 of 2,609
Thank you! I think my planars, Anandas, will fill the speedy and lively roll so no worries there.

Curiosity will probably get the better of me around Black Friday. Would you say there’s still a sizable step up to the Elex vs the hd650 with this amp or does scaling bring them closer together in performance?
They are very different and scaling or different electronics can't bring them together.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #1,886 of 2,609
I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but how big are these amps? Their descriptions on the website have the dimensions listed twice, it doesn't say what the dimensions are for but when converted the measurements don't match so they aren't for the same thing. I don't have room for a 46x42x18cm (18x16x7in) amp, but I do have room for a 12.6x13.4x3.15in amp, which is the second set of dimensions listed. There's also 2 different weight listed.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #1,887 of 2,609

Ananda + FA-10 is a really good combination.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,890 of 2,609
I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but how big are these amps? Their descriptions on the website have the dimensions listed twice, it doesn't say what the dimensions are for but when converted the measurements don't match so they aren't for the same thing. I don't have room for a 46x42x18cm (18x16x7in) amp, but I do have room for a 12.6x13.4x3.15in amp, which is the second set of dimensions listed. There's also 2 different weight listed.
Flipping huge. Think American medium pizza box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back