Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jul 8, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #346 of 2,598
No one is to be trusted 100%.

2rii25.jpg

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #347 of 2,598
There is now another amp, FA-10 Pro with different sound signature :) This is from their web site

FA-10 features

- JFET inputs and BIPOLAR outputs stage circuit design;
- Neat high freqs
- Full-bodied mids
- Fast and soft bass response with a bit forced Mid-Bass

FA-10 PRO features

- BIPOLAR inputs and BIPOLAR outputs stage circuit design
- Crisp high freqs
- Linear mids
- Precise, percussive bass response
- Remote control (optional)

This whole fluxlab acoustics product lineup and the missleading reviews and comments
of fluxlab starts confusing me more and more. Also the "weekly" announcement of new products and
color options while many customers like me are still waiting for their ordered amps is frustrating.

I ordered a Fa-10 after reading the FA-10N review on „soundnews“ manly
because he praises the hard-hitting ability so much.
At this time the FA-10 was officially the hard hitting neutral/cold amp
wich was not recommended for headphones like HD800 and similar.
Fluxlab themself recommended the FA-12 to be a better match because of the "warmer" sound signature.

In the following weeks, starting with comparisions between FA-10 and HA90,
the FA-10 seems to transfer to something totally different.

I think fluxlab is not very lucky with describing the sound signature of their
products, maybe its a translation/not native speaker thing.
To call the bass soft and the the midrange fullbodied vs. linear is at least confusing.
Isn't any serious amp aiming at linear frequency response and
wasn't the bass hard-hitting like no other in the „soundnews“ review?
(I mean you can been hit hard by a cotton ball as well if it weights some pounds and is fast enough...)

After reading their facebook post about FA-10pro vs. FA10 I ask myself what the FA-12 with
its even warmer sound signature is to be? If you read this you
expect the FA-10 as a boomy non linear soft and dark amp ... very confusing

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #348 of 2,598
This whole fluxlab acoustics product lineup and the missleading reviews and comments
of fluxlab starts confusing me more and more. Also the "weekly" announcement of new products and
color options while many customers like me are still waiting for their ordered amps is frustrating.

Fluxlab themself recommended the FA-12 to be a better match because of the "warmer" sound signature.

To call the bass soft and the the midrange fullbodied vs. linear is at least confusing.
(I mean you can also been hit hard by a cotton ball if it weights some pounds and is fast enough...)

After reading their facebook post I ask myself what the FA-12 with

I totally get your frustration, have you put these concerns to FLA? I think there is little bit of lost in translation going on, but i dont think the reviews of FCN10 in sound news and FA10 in Headfonia are fairly consistent with one another. I was lucky enough to receive my FA12 about a month ago. I can confirm the presentation is pretty-much linear, with no added emphasis anywhere in the FR. That said presentation is consistent with what you'd expect from class A amplification. It is full bodied with just a touch of warmth but nothing over the top or leaning toward syrupy, more just a touch of wetness. I'm losing next to no resolution compared to listening directly out of my Chord Hugo 2 and i have subsequently tried with Chord TT2 with which the FA12 scales to meet very well, with just a tiny loss in fine detail. The later should be expected with over £3k difference in price tags.

I was worried about losing the low end grunt, crystalline clarity, control, focus and pace of the Hugo2, but the FA12's linear presentation is pretty much transparent to the source, if that makes sense, e.g i'm getting all of the aforementioned stuff i love from the H2, but in a more organic, less digital sounding package. The separation is all there, but FR, blends and flows in more natural way, with a more organic texture and body shape to the notes compared to the Chord DAC/Amp.

Dont get me wrong i still love listening to the H2 directly but more case of enjoying the differences and either being better or worse than one another.

My frames of reference are nowhere near as wide as a pro reviewer, but i have worked my way through a lot of quality amplification costing less and regularly far more than the FA12 and i'm struggling to think of SS amp i've enjoyed listening too more. The FA12 has a hard act to follow in my set up, taking the place of my dearly but now departed Feliks Audio Euforia AE tube amp, which in itself carried very few of the stereotypical traits associated with OTL amps, in that it was pretty neutral, dynamic, and incredibly detailed, but it cost circa £2500 compared to FA12 at £700'ish. They shouldnt be in the same conversation, but i'm not missing the Euforia.

I'm an unapologetic new fanboy of FLA, but this is purely because they gave me such comprehensive and impartial advice before purchasing and of course because i'm so pleased with the performance of the FA12 and the price tag which is way lower than this performance warrants. Dealing with a new'ish brand which only sells direct from country outside the EU, isnt easy as buying from someone established inside the EU, but i think what they doing is exciting and based on my experience with the FA12, they are in a small way shaking up the market, offering something different, possibly better and at a very good price.

Like you i'd love to hear the FA10 to make the comparison, or at least read a review from someone with both units. As i understand it Headfonia are on the case with this, so we may not have to wait too long. In the meantime if i were you i would contact FLA, explain your concerns and i'm sure they'll do there best to allay them.

Most important of all i hope your amp arrives very soon and then your ears can make the decision for you :)

Jul 9, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #350 of 2,598
But some can be trusted at even 60%.
I finally decided to sell my FLUX FA-12 and HEDDphone. FA-12 is two days old. I've placed an order on May 24th and received it on Monday, July 7th. Cost me, with shipping and PayPal fees, $890. Selling for $950. The only reason I'm selling amp and headphones are financial difficulties.
I've bought HEDDphone from headphones.com as a open box for $1500 two months ago. They are still as new condition. Selling for $1400. Buyer pays actual shipping.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #351 of 2,598
I finally decided to sell my FLUX FA-12 and HEDDphone. FA-12 is two days old. I've placed an order on May 24th and received it on Monday, July 7th. Cost me, with shipping and PayPal fees, $890. Selling for $950. The only reason I'm selling amp and headphones are financial difficulties.
I've bought HEDDphone from headphones.com as a open box for $1500 two months ago. They are still as new condition. Selling for $1500. Buyer pays actual shipping.

This isn't really the place to be posting FS items. Please use the FS section of the forum.

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #352 of 2,598

(I mean you can been hit hard by a cotton ball as well if it weights some pounds and is fast enough...)

After reading their facebook post about FA-10pro vs. FA10 I ask myself what the FA-12 with

I agree but don’t want to blame Flux, however I would have ordered FA-10 pro given the description.
I’m waiting for my FA-10, still on transit to France since June 24...

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #353 of 2,598
I agree but don’t want to blame Flux, however I would have ordered FA-10 pro given the description.
I’m waiting for my FA-10, still on transit to France since June 24...

I understand, i would mention this to Vitaliy, see what he has to say. More frustrating is the wait, mine took 5 weeks and for some reason went via Norway to the UK. I think FLA are trying to sort out a better courier service which equally doesnt cost the earth. I think DHL is £200 from the Ukraine. They really do need to sort out some local distribution, as these delivery lead times are the worst i've experienced and i've bought kit from all over the world, plus this would enable some opportunities to demo too. I'm very happy with my FA12, but i'd love to hear the rest of the range for myself too. I hope yours arrives very soon :)

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #354 of 2,598
I totally get your frustration, have you put these concerns to FLA? I think there is little bit of lost in translation going on, but i dont think the reviews of FCN10 in sound news and FA10 in Headfonia are fairly consistent with one another. I was lucky enough to receive my FA12 about a month ago. I can confirm the presentation is pretty-much linear, with no added emphasis anywhere in the FR. That said presentation is consistent with what you'd expect from class A amplification. It is full bodied with just a touch of warmth but nothing over the top or leaning toward syrupy, more just a touch of wetness. I'm losing next to no resolution compared to listening directly out of my Chord Hugo 2 and i have subsequently tried with Chord TT2 with which the FA12 scales to meet very well, with just a tiny loss in fine detail. The later should be expected with over £3k difference in price tags.

I was worried about losing the low end grunt, crystalline clarity, control, focus and pace of the Hugo2, but the FA12's linear presentation is pretty much transparent to the source, if that makes sense, e.g i'm getting all of the aforementioned stuff i love from the H2, but in a more organic, less digital sounding package. The separation is all there, but FR, blends and flows in more natural way, with a more organic texture and body shape to the notes compared to the Chord DAC/Amp.

Dont get me wrong i still love listening to the H2 directly but more case of enjoying the differences and either being better or worse than one another.

My frames of reference are nowhere near as wide as a pro reviewer, but i have worked my way through a lot of quality amplification costing less and regularly far more than the FA12 and i'm struggling to think of SS amp i've enjoyed listening too more. The FA12 has a hard act to follow in my set up, taking the place of my dearly but now departed Feliks Audio Euforia AE tube amp, which in itself carried very few of the stereotypical traits associated with OTL amps, in that it was pretty neutral, dynamic, and incredibly detailed, but it cost circa £2500 compared to FA12 at £700'ish. They shouldnt be in the same conversation, but i'm not missing the Euforia.

I'm an unapologetic new fanboy of FLA, but this is purely because they gave me such comprehensive and impartial advice before purchasing and of course because i'm so pleased with the performance of the FA12 and the price tag which is way lower than this performance warrants. Dealing with a new'ish brand which only sells direct from country outside the EU, isnt easy as buying from someone established inside the EU, but i think what they doing is exciting and based on my experience with the FA12, they are in a small way shaking up the market, offering something different, possibly better and at a very good price.

Like you i'd love to hear the FA10 to make the comparison, or at least read a review from someone with both units. As i understand it Headfonia are on the case with this, so we may not have to wait too long. In the meantime if i were you i would contact FLA, explain your concerns and i'm sure they'll do there best to allay them.

Most important of all i hope your amp arrives very soon and then your ears can make the decision for you :)
So which one sounds better to you ?

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #355 of 2,598
Jul 9, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #357 of 2,598

This is what happens if you trust reviewers and sponsors, very misleading which can influence various people to their benefit. Marketing friend.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #359 of 2,598
My ultimate hope is that we would get 2-3 Flux units circulating in the US and start a "tour" so we can get listening impressions out there. Then at the end of tour the units can be purchased and everyone who participated can be directly through the retailer. It would also help in getting a mass community of thoughts/impressions out there to build "trust" in the brand and product. I think there is a ton of interest in this product/brand at this price point however the limitations are currently on production/distribution and the mktg aspect of it.

I myself am dying to get a proper amp to power my 1266 cans but I can't afford to cycle through multiple flux/burson conductor/headamp mini gsx units until I find the right one.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #360 of 2,598
My ultimate hope is that we would get 2-3 Flux units circulating in the US and start a "tour" so we can get listening impressions out there. Then at the end of tour the units can be purchased and everyone who participated can be directly through the retailer. It would also help in getting a mass community of thoughts/impressions out there to build "trust" in the brand and product. I think there is a ton of interest in this product/brand at this price point however the limitations are currently on production/distribution and the mktg aspect of it.

I myself am dying to get a proper amp to power my 1266 cans but I can't afford to cycle through multiple flux/burson conductor/headamp mini gsx units until I find the right one.
Audio industry does not operate that way. The closest to audition is crowded event which is best suited for Sony and Bose ANC only. And not everyone lives in North America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back