Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Aug 11, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #617 of 2,598
When I ordered my FA-10 back in March, Flux threw in DHL shipping in exchange for waiting. Once it shipped, I had it in 1 week to MD, USA.

In terms of the PayPal fee, it's pretty expensive for businesses to accept PayPal in certain countries (like 4.5+% and that's for a bank funded purchase, even more for a credit card). I sent them 749 USD for my purchase using TransferWise, it only cost $6 vs $38 for PayPal.

Sure, they could raise the price to 799 USD and include the PayPal fees, but at least they are being upfront. It's up to the customer how much they want to pay for PayPal convienince and shipping speed. For some reason, DHL is reasonable out of the UK and stupid expensive out of other countries. $250 is the real cost from Ukraine!
To make it easier for the business, they should plant a shipping warehouse in NA.

Aug 11, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #619 of 2,598
well maybe team up with a US distributor...sure, but to invest in plant and property in the US probably doesn't make sense for their size of a business.
it is chicken and egg circle.
You see, hifiman for example, has a shipping/receiving location in US and it is not a company nor warehouse per my understanding.

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #621 of 2,598
I recently got a pair of Focal Utopias and I think the FA-10 pairs very nicely with it. Not quite at the level of the Feliks Euforia but I would be fairly content if FA-10 was the only amp I had.
Nice, the Utopia's pair well with just about any amp. They are very revealing headphones and you can get them to sound like your upstream gear. It sounds like the FA-10 has enough warmth to make it a really nice pairing.

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #622 of 2,598
I've enjoyed reading all the impressions posted here while i've been away, but having been listening directly out of my Hugo2 for the last 3 weeks and really enjoying it, i was worried i might have fallen out of love with the FA12. I neednt have worried, one night back and not a single thought about going straight back into the h2, the way frequency's flow in and out of one another and the extra texture and shape each note has is just as beguiling as it ever was.

There seems to have been a raft of "album of the year" worthy electronic music coming out over the last few weeks, which has made coming back to 14 days quarantine a little more bearable. The absolute highlight for me being "Articulation " by Rival Consoles (96/24 on Qobuz), short but seriously sweet and sounding stunning on the FA12.

Almost taken my mind off the 2 more weeks of waiting ahead before the FCN10 to arrive :wink: :)

PS. im pretty sure the FLA warranty is non-transferable

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #623 of 2,598
There seems to have been a raft of "album of the year" worthy electronic music coming out over the last few weeks, which has made coming back to 14 days quarantine a little more bearable. The absolute highlight for me being "Articulation " by Rival Consoles (96/24 on Qobuz), short but seriously sweet and sounding stunning on the FA12.
Appreciate the album share! What are some others you're finding especially good lately?

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #624 of 2,598
Appreciate the album share! What are some others you're finding especially good lately?

My Rotation of new stuff while i've been away has been...

and still not sure i even like this, but i keep finding myself listening to it...

and couple of months old but still listening to this a lot.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #626 of 2,598
Aug 13, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #629 of 2,598
Hmm, obviously did something wrong with the copy paste. Do you just copy the share link from BC?

NM, figured it out

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #630 of 2,598
After burning in my Fa-10 for more than 200 hours, I enjoy it even more. Music flows more easily, more transparent, detailed and most importantly smooth. I had quite a good time listening to HD800 (good bass and musical with FA-10, which is not usually the case for HD800 with other amps) with it though ZMF Auteur is still top in my stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back