Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Sep 27, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #917 of 996
I went to the FLux Labs website and strangely it makes me put the Volot in my cart while all the other devices are sold out. Who knows why ... can someone ask for news? An Italian friend of mine would be interested in buying ...
They gradually resume production and even have a small qty of amps in stock. They also say that other models are coming soon as well.

Oct 5, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #922 of 996
Hi, does anyone have any experience or impressions of the Volot paired with the Chord Dave or Holo May dacs? Does either the Dave or May cause clipping using balanced Xlrs through the Volot? Any advice is appreciated.
Dont think so. The Volot itself cost 1 kidney already. I am also very curious as well.

Oct 5, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #923 of 996
Hi, does anyone have any experience or impressions of the Volot paired with the Chord Dave or Holo May dacs? Does either the Dave or May cause clipping using balanced Xlrs through the Volot? Any advice is appreciated.
@XVampireX has a May and the Volot

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #924 of 996
Why would it cause Clipping?

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #925 of 996
Why would it cause Clipping?

My guess is the Holo May has a fixed output of almost 6 volts (5.80) on the XLR outputs with no way to internally attenuate them and this is approaching the input limits of many amplifiers balanced transformers. I also have a May KTE and was worried about this with my Amp although I don't own the Volot. This is a very hot output for XLR but it's not causing me any problems on my headphone amp.

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #926 of 996
My guess is the Holo May has a fixed output of almost 6 volts (5.80) on the XLR outputs with no way to internally attenuate them and this is approaching the input limits of many amplifiers balanced transformers. I also have a May KTE and was worried about this with my Amp although I don't own the Volot. This is a very hot output for XLR but it's not causing me any problems on my headphone amp.
This is one of the reasons I've grown to love my Spring 3 KTE with preamp - it will play nice with most amps and powered speakers.

Oct 29, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #927 of 996
This is one of the reasons I've grown to love my Spring 3 KTE with preamp - it will play nice with most amps and powered speakers.

I also have a Serene KTE preamp and have driven it with my Holo May and driven my RAAL headphone amp direct without my preamp with no issues. So far, it's never caused me any problems and I suspect most inputs balanced limits are above the fixed output of the Holo DAC.

Nov 14, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #928 of 996
Just in case you haven't seen the comment FLA left on their FB page after the liberation of Kherson.
https://www.facebook.com/fluxlabacoustics

1668483702440.png

I hope it's going to happen soon🤞💙💛

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #929 of 996
As it can't be bought new currently, what are the competitors in terms of cost/performance?

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #930 of 996
As it can't be bought new currently, what are the competitors in terms of cost/performance?
Ferrum OOR and Hypsos, Holo Bliss. If you watch the SoundNews susvara amp review he goes over a lot of amps including the Volot that work well for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back