Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Dec 25, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #769 of 996
This TROLL needs to go.

This is the way for me for now:
1640429782005.png

Dec 25, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #771 of 996
Yes, enjoy it a lot!

PreAmp section is still using the Input selector, if you notice in the pic, there's Inputs: 1 / 1+P / 2 / 2+P
the +P meaning PreAmp.
You have 2 Preamp outs, 1 for RCA and 1 for XLR. I have my May connected to the Volot via XLR but Speakers connected by RCA. the second input is for XLR, so since it's XLR, I run it through Input 2 and to go to the PreAmp mode I just switch to the next in line which is 2+P. But since there's no way to change to specific Inputs if I want to go back to Headphones I have to cycle all the way around, which is one of the drawbacks unfortunately.
And yes, it mutes the headphone out :)
Thank you for the detailled explanation.
So normal Volot without preamp has 4 input, serially selectable with the button to go to HP out.
Volot with preamp has 2 inputs, input1 can either go to HP out or peamp out1, input2 can go either to HP out or preamp out2. Correct?

Dec 25, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #772 of 996
So normal Volot without preamp has 4 input, serially selectable with the button to go to HP out.
Volot with preamp has 2 inputs, input1 can either go to HP out or peamp out1, input2 can go either to HP out or preamp out2. Correct?
Exactly.

Dec 25, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #773 of 996
Which DACs are you pairing with the Volot and what are your experiences? (if you have various DACs). I see the Pontus II of Cangle and Holo audio May of XVampireX. ¿Chord Hugo2 of Apmusson?.

Do you think this AMP would pair better with an R2R DAC or a delta sigma one?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 25, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #774 of 996
If I can give my humble advice, I am an "old" enthusiast and I have had the opportunity to own and listen to numerous dacs, from Metrum Pavane and Adagio to Chord Hugo tt al Dave, from Benchmark mk2 to Audio gd, from Bricasti m1 to Aqua Formula, from Denafrips Terminator and others and all had their strengths and weaknesses. But there is a dac that literally amazed me, a 1400 euro "cinesino", or the Gustard x26pro, an EXCEPTIONAL dac that disfigures dacs with a cost of 5-6 times higher. I also bought the c18 master clock and the bar has risen further. Within a range of 10000 usd / euro there is nothing better, in my opinion.

Dec 25, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #775 of 996
If I can give my humble advice, I am an "old" enthusiast and I have had the opportunity to own and listen to numerous dacs, from Metrum Pavane and Adagio to Chord Hugo tt al Dave, from Benchmark mk2 to Audio gd, from Bricasti m1 to Aqua Formula, from Denafrips Terminator and others and all had their strengths and weaknesses. But there is a dac that literally amazed me, a 1400 euro "cinesino", or the Gustard x26pro, an EXCEPTIONAL dac that disfigures dacs with a cost of 5-6 times higher. I also bought the c18 master clock and the bar has risen further. Within a range of 10000 usd / euro there is nothing better, in my opinion.
Thank you very much, the Gustard is one of the options I shuffle :beerchug:

Dec 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #776 of 996

I'm not the person asking for this information but thanks for your input. One thing I hate about this hobby is someone could ask this question and 100 different people from these forums with the same experience level with DAC's could give you 100 different answers and 100 different suggestions on what the best DAC is. I've seen this exact thing happen many times in many different forums. Maybe this isn't a bad thing since there are so many good choices. What's frustrating for me is even going to CanJam or other audio shows may be of limited help in making decisions since different vendors are only going to offer you so many choices in swapping out different components for evaluation. I guess finding a dealer offering a good return policy may be the best option.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #777 of 996

Or rather, there are 2 inputs, 1 is RCA, 2 is XLR, either one of them is HP out by default, when you switch to next in line is preamp out and either one of them can get the preamp section from whichever connection (so even though I'm connecting from XLR from DAC, my speakers are connected by RCA and it still takes it from Input 2+P)

Also had the chance to do several headphones connected at the same time and it works, though of course a problem with the different sensitivities and listening levels.

Dec 28, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #779 of 996
A couple of simple questions. What power cord do you use for the Volot? Its standard or did you buy it separately? How much have you paid in customs duties, especially those who reside in Europe?
They shipped mine with a power cable (EU standard) but I just connected it to my previous also regular power cable.

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #780 of 996
A couple of simple questions. What power cord do you use for the Volot? Its standard or did you buy it separately? How much have you paid in customs duties, especially those who reside in Europe?
I use a Kimber cable (Russ Andrews Powerkord 500). Russ Andrews recommend this for power amps, I like it and I had one available to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back