Florida Meet Impressions: June 9&10th
Jun 18, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #211 of 287
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
Good to hear about the phones Mike.Yeah,with the baby coming in August I won't be attending any meets for several months anyway.I'm listening to the HE90's right now with Wayne's Egmont and they sound so damn good,thanks again Wayne.Gary.

Good to know. Just make sure you turn the amp off at night. It doesn't run too hot, but shouldn't be left on 24/7. Not good for tube life either. But no problem keeping it on for several hours at a stretch.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #212 of 287
Gary - Can't wait for your comments comparing the Egmont's performance with the HE90, to that of Justin's amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Good to know. Just make sure you turn the amp off at night. It doesn't run too hot, but shouldn't be left on 24/7. Not good for tube life either. But no problem keeping it on for several hours at a stretch.

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #213 of 287
Mike,I'm sure I'll be writing that up for you any day now
rolleyes.gif
.Wayne,I never keep the amp on unless I'm listening to it or just taking a break,but it sounds great.I'll let you guys know when I hear from Justin.Gary.

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #216 of 287
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
forget stevio ... kill me, kill me!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry Gene but you are too valuable to us. We couldn't do that to you. Steve, sorry man, it looks like you are going to be the sacrifice. As long as it's okay with the big brother.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #217 of 287
BONNNARRROOOOOOO!

Oh hell yes. It was great. I'd give it a 7/10 as far as how it met my expectations. Had a few rough spots but overall just so much fun. Pictures & such to follow tomorrow. For starters here's a list of who I managed to catch at least partial sets from:

Thursday:
The Motet
Cat Empire
Devotchka

Friday:
Andrew Bird (!)
Davendra Banhart
Bright Eyes
Cat Power
Robert Randolph
Tom Petty
My Morning Jacket (!)
Common/Blackalicious

Saturday:
Neville Bros.
Elvis Costello
Beck
Radiohead (despite all those it was a HORRIBLE day, more on that later)

Sunday:
Matisyahu
Andrew Bird (again, solo set on a small stage)
Refugee Allstars of Sierra Leone
The Streets
Lewis Black
Sonic Youth

Ok sleep time. Gonna load off the pictures tomorrow and post.

Jun 20, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #218 of 287
well, I gave in and did it... bought a pair of HE60's form the FS/FT forum...

I blame this all on tyrion, if you hadent gotten the broken KGSS I would have never had the chance to have some personal listening time with electrostats and fall in love with them
biggrin.gif

now what amp to build? I know its not amazing but I will probably start with a KGSS just becuase its fairly simple to build... and will take the least amount of time... then move on to some nice tube amp... oooooh the possibilities (for me to go more broke)
eek.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #220 of 287
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom

I blame this all on tyrion, if you hadent gotten the broken KGSS I would have never had the chance to have some personal listening time with electrostats and fall in love with them
biggrin.gif

now what amp to build? I know its not amazing but I will probably start with a KGSS just becuase its fairly simple to build... and will take the least amount of time... then move on to some nice tube amp... oooooh the possibilities (for me to go more broke)
eek.gif

Wow! That's great news Frank. There is nothing wrong with the KGSS. I sold mine initially because I thought I was selling the HE60's but also because I was considering a tube amp. I still haven't made a decision on whether to go with the McAllister or an 007t. I am leaning towards the McAllister. It is a large amp that may take up too much room. The 007t's size makes if very appealing and I know Stevieo is getting good results with some Toshiba tubes.

Jun 20, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #221 of 287
Well, I'm glad that I didnt go out and buy any new toys after the meet, as I am currently jobless!
eek.gif
Selling my HF-1's seems mighty tempting right about now....

Jun 20, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #222 of 287
The wait for Justin's phantom amp. seems to be forever. So, how about producing something as good, or better. If successful, I'm sure that some of us will buy such an amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom

biggrin.gif

eek.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #223 of 287
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
Well, I'm glad that I didnt go out and buy any new toys after the meet, as I am currently jobless!
eek.gif
Selling my HF-1's seems mighty tempting right about now....

Garrick, I am really sorry to hear about this.

Jun 20, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #224 of 287
Stax headphone users were enthusiastic in praising the performance of my McAlister amp., at the 3 meets to which I brought it. Various Stax, and other brand (e.g., Sennheiser & Koss) headphones were simultaneously driven by the McAlister, inclusing OIIs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn
Anymore impressions on the Omega II's and the McAlister together ?

Jun 20, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #225 of 287
It is also worthwhile to note that Peter personally listens to Stax Omega II headphones.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back