Floored by Evanescence
May 14, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

grinch said...

if anybody is unhappy with the sissy-ass wannabe-linkin parkness of evanescence, i'd suggest checking out her cd. it's sort of like evanescence, but with soul and balls.

Even if it's only her cd w/ the balls, that association still weirds me out.
eek.gif

I'll check it out, though.
wink.gif

Quote:

Trawlerman said...

What I would say is that anything that introduces people to other artists and encourages one to explore other genres cannot completely be a bad thing?

I completely agree.

May 14, 2003 at 5:45 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Pablo32
I listened to the song "bring me to life" by evanesensce and there are certain parts of it that sounds like they were sampled by the linkin park song that is constantly being played these days. Sorry, I hate linkin park, and that much is enough for me to not listen to these guys ever again.

The male voice is actually some guy's guest vocals...with their other songs, it's just the female vocal, and it's great.

May 14, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 26
Just finished sampling Lennon... now this is much better! Female vocals are good, about equivalent to Evanescence, though again I much prefer Nightwish here. But unlike Evanescence, I really like Lennon's music. Sounds fresher, and it has guts (I refuse to say it has balls, that just sounds wrong in this context
tongue.gif
).

May 14, 2003 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 26
Evanescence: What?!
confused.gif
Since when does Linkin park have a female singer?!?! Also why the hell did they change their name?

Jun 29, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by GirgleMirt
Evanescence: What?!
confused.gif
Since when does Linkin park have a female singer?!?! Also why the hell did they change their name?

They are talking about the instrumentals, not the vocals.

I only found "bring me to life" to be linkin park style. the rest is great employing a good range of instruments. (i liked the piano)

Jun 29, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #21 of 26
Hmm, i've listened to Linkin park extensively and have been listening to Evanescence lately, they don't sound much alike. Go listen to LP's albums before comparing them to anyone else.

Jun 30, 2003 at 8:49 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Wortel
They are talking about the instrumentals, not the vocals.

I only found "bring me to life" to be linkin park style. the rest is great employing a good range of instruments. (i liked the piano)

Actually, I think GirgleMirt was being funny.

Jun 30, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #23 of 26
You all for sure rember The Gathering, and Theatre of tragedy, but forget The 3rd and The mortal ( up to "Memoirs", what is industrial, for starter best is "painting on glass".)? and you all know Nightwish, but nobody has mentioned the act that makes nightwish look like amateurs they be, Therion. If you want clear opera style vocals nothing beats therion.

Jul 1, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i couldn't remember who i was trying to think of, but my gf told me last night and i totally remember now. anybody ever heard of lennon? i think evanescence kind of totally ripped her off. they even look the same.

hahahah i just went to amazon to check out the lennon cd so i could remember the title, and they're packing it with the evanescence cd. i guess i'm not the only one who thinks they're alike.

B00005NOZV.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

if anybody is unhappy with the sissy-ass wannabe-linkin parkness of evanescence, i'd suggest checking out her cd. it's sort of like evanescence, but with soul and balls.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nice suggestion, I downloaded some songs by Lennon, and there excellent, What suggestions do u have for her best song?

Jul 1, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
I really like Lennon's music. Sounds fresher, and it has guts (I refuse to say it has balls, that just sounds wrong in this context
tongue.gif
).

well...
if the context is dark metal, "it has guts" sounds even wronger, doesn't it?

sounds like asia argento and her father dario... lots of guts there...

wink.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by KJ869
You all for sure rember The Gathering, and Theatre of tragedy, but forget The 3rd and The mortal ( up to "Memoirs", what is industrial, for starter best is "painting on glass".)? and you all know Nightwish, but nobody has mentioned the act that makes nightwish look like amateurs they be, Therion. If you want clear opera style vocals nothing beats therion.

First of all, good catch on some of those mentions, but The 3rd and The Mortal and Therion are straying a bit from Evanescence, no?

PS I would say that Rain Fell Within beats Therion hands down as far as opera-style vocals, albeit femme-only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back