Flea Market Portable Headphone Score
Jul 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I'm killing time in a local flea market today.  Looking mainly for cheap CDs and DVDs.  Most flea markets around here have nothing but junk.  Made a mental note to keep an eye out for headphone deals, but didn't have my hopes up.  Anyway, walked up to a glass case which happened to have a couple of sets of headphones.  A tag on one of them caught my attention:  Bose - $15.  My first thought was "fakes".  Got a worker to unlock the case, and sure enough, it turned out to be a legit set of Bose on-ear headphones.  Hooked them up to my phone and they sounded great.  They have some wear, but overall, they are in very good condition.  

These phones have a male plug on the left ear cup for a replaceable cable.  The worker I dealt with was totally baffled by the short plug, so I asked if they would take $10 for them.  Sold.  I then proceeded to the local Wally World and purchased a male/female headphone extension cable.  Listening to them as I type this.  Really good headphones for $10 ($15 including extension cable).

Moral of the story:  always keep an eye out for headphone deals no matter what kind of store you go to.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Congrats on your find.

Thanks.  I typically stay away from Bose (bad price to performance ratio IMHO).  However, for $10 I'll take it!

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 9
Great - now you can sell the Bose on ebay and buy some headphones!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Great - now you can sell the Bose on ebay and buy some headphones!
biggrin.gif

Ha, ha.  Actually, I have been listening to them quite a bit and like them ok.  Think I'm going to keep em a while.  Definitely wouldn't pay retail or even discount price for them though.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Are they the OE or the OE2?

These are the original "OE".  Something else I've discovered about them is that the head band needs a good dousing of Febreze.  The previous owner had to have been a heavy smoker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back