FLC Technology - New FLC 8N - Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #302 of 304
I wonder if anybody has ever converted their FLC8 N / D cable from 2.5mm to 4.4? What is involved? I know there are adaptors but sometimes it is nice to just have everything already built in.
Should be an easy re-termination as the 4.4 connector is much easier to solder due to the larger solder points. One only needs to correctly identify the + and - connections to both sides prior to soldering. As it is a 2-pin connector, checking this only requires a simple continuity tester.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #303 of 304
Are there any tricks to clean them? Aside from using the cleaning tool that came with it to clean the main sound filters (gold,blue,green,black). I see some wax being stuck close to the bottom, where the filter is. The tool can't reach.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #304 of 304
Just thought I would share my experience with changing cables. I remember hearing that even though the 8D and 8N were 0.78, the actual size in the IEM is a bit smaller. Turns out to be true. I was able to insert 0.78 pins into the unit, but some force was required. When I decided to put the old cables back on, one refused to stay put and kept falling off. I assume I had made the openings too large in the IEMs so the original cable slipped out. Anyway I put a small amount of superglue as a fix. (I repaired some shells that came open on my S12 pair with the same glue while waiting for a replacement set of S12s to arrive)

Hopefully the glued cables will come off if needed in the future. Good news is there is no issue with polarity, everything was simple "plug and play". Something I am not sure of is I ever replace the cables, is what is needed called QDC?

I suppose the good news is that in the last two years the price of great IEMs seems to have crashed down so if I have to replace the FLCs at some point in the future, I will have other options. I still don't have any IEMs that beat these for comfort so they have a place in my collection for when I want to crash at night. Plus my only remaining DAP unit is 2.5mm. But that comment is misleading, I mainly use my iphone with Neutron player and the Cayin RU7 for most of my listening. So it is 4.4 for the most part for me; I feed the FLC8D into the Cayin using a 2.5 to 4.4 adaptor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back