Flawless albums
Oct 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #646 of 941
Quote:
In all seriousness I love them. I really wish the sound was better on their albums. 
 I have only heard the CD which sounds great but the word on vinyl is bad.

I meant record as in the CD recording not the vinyl record. Sorry about the misunderstanding.   You are right the vinyl has had awful reviews but I have never heard it.  Makes me wonder what HD Tracks has on 24/96. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #647 of 941
Honestly the LPs sound better. The CDs have some harsh points and the RIAA at least smooths it over a little.

Quote:
I meant record as in the CD recording not the vinyl record. Sorry about the misunderstanding.   You are right the vinyl has had awful reviews but I have never heard it.  Makes me wonder what HD Tracks has on 24/96. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #655 of 941
I cannot say I've ever encountered a perfect album, but one of the better ones I've heard is The Antlers' Hospice. The album accomplishes its concept in a solid manner, and has an excellent mood. There are no weak songs that pop out in a negative manner.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #656 of 941
the fall of ideals - All that Remains
on letting go - circa survive
night is the new day - katatonia
the fame monster - lady gaga(though technically an EP)
wrath - lamb of god
rust in peace - megadeth
horizons - Parkway Drive
fortress - protest the hero
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers (my favorite album ever)
swoon - Silversun Pickups

yep i think thats it for me, there may be other albums where i love the whole thing, but all of those cd's i actively love every single song on them.

Hell yeah. Stadium Arcadium is a solid 28 song album

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #657 of 941
Pearl Jam - Ten
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Nirvana - Nevermind
Nirvana - In Utero
Adele - 21
Audioslave - Audioslave
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
Rage Against The Machine - Battle Of Los Angeles
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
Blink 182 - Enema Of The State
Blink 182 - Blink 182
Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Alice In Chains - Facelift
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
Coldplay - Parachutes
Daughtry - Daughtry
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I & II
Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
John Frusciante - To Record Only Water For Ten Days

These are just some

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #658 of 941
I wouldn't call it perfect, but it certainly struck me in a very painful way. I went into it sort of laughing it off as just more emotional white boy nonsense, but within 15 minutes I was stuck fast to it, and I don't think I could have torn myself away from it, even if I wanted to. (Which I honestly did sort of.) I know it affects some people more strongly than others, but if 'sad' music is your cuppa tea, you ought to give it a try. It's really something. It's one of those few albums that I can honestly say I'm haunted by, and while I own it, it's not one that I revisit frequently. I'm sort of afraid of it. I much 'prefer' their follow-up album, Burst Apart.
Quote:
I cannot say I've ever encountered a perfect album, but one of the better ones I've heard is The Antlers' Hospice. The album accomplishes its concept in a solid manner, and has an excellent mood. There are no weak songs that pop out in a negative manner.

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #659 of 941
By flawless, do you mean the quality of the music itself or simply the audio quality?

Donald Byrd - Free Form (1961)

Remastered in 2003 and reissued on CD.

Featuring: Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Butch Warren, Billy Higgins

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #660 of 941
Quote:
By flawless, do you mean the quality of the music itself or simply the audio quality?

Musically flawless, not best mixed/mastered/recorded.  You have to not only be able to play the album from front to back without skipping a song (no fillers) but you have to actually LOVE every single song on the album.  Also no greatest hits, has to be original album.

I'm one of the non-believers, cause I've yet to come across an album where 100% of the songs are on my top rated list.  Theres always one or two songs that just don't make the cut...

edit: although I guess if I had to pick one the closest to perfect would be Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
edit 2: Hmmmm Norah Jones - The Fall is up there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back