Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Guster - Keep It Together
Radiohead - The Bends
Weezer - Blue Album

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #364 of 941

Quote:

Dead Can Dance - Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun

Love this album, actually love pretty much their complete discography. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #368 of 941

Quote:

Good point. DCD albums aren't my absolute favourites, but they do tend towards perfection.

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #369 of 941

Quote:
Love this album, actually love pretty much their complete discography. 

This is really a flawless album. I seem to never think of it as flawless but it is! I own the original UK CD release from the day. I own the LP. I own the new remastered CD. I didn't get the new vinyl release a couple of years ago.

Playing it on multiple systems is a great way to study this work. On every system the recordings sound great. The best I've reproduced was K-701s-Woo 5LE- and the LP. I truly think this is one of the best sounding recordings I've run across. At times you would think that recordings are getting better and better then you put this mutha on and it reminds you of how great something can be. I prefer the original lower bass UK CD release over the inriched releases over the years too. I feel they did it right with this one right from the start. It ends up being my favorite DCD of them all!

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #370 of 941
For me, its as below:

1. Tool - Lateralus
2. Tool - Aenima.

I know  Aenima has got a fair bit of quirky segues in it which could count as filler but to me they all gel to form one cohesive record and I NEVER skip anything with that album.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #371 of 941

Quote:

This is really a flawless album. I seem to never think of it as flawless but it is! I own the original UK CD release from the day. I own the LP. I own the new remastered CD. I didn't get the new vinyl release a couple of years ago.

Playing it on multiple systems is a great way to study this work. On every system the recordings sound great. The best I've reproduced was K-701s-Woo 5LE- and the LP. I truly think this is one of the best sounding recordings I've run across. At times you would think that recordings are getting better and better then you put this mutha on and it reminds you of how great something can be. I prefer the original lower bass UK CD release over the inriched releases over the years too. I feel they did it right with this one right from the start. It ends up being my favorite DCD of them all!

I was just checking the year it came out, 1987. Back then it was like someone transported back in time the soundtrack of movies to come. It still holds it's own only twenty four years later!
blink.gif

Now I'm listening to it on my HE-6 via a vintage receiver just older than the album. 

Here's something for you vinyl addicts... http://www.vinyl180.com/deadcandance.html

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #372 of 941

Quote:

I was just checking the year it came out, 1987. Back then it was like someone transported back in time the soundtrack of movies to come. It still holds it's own only twenty four years later!
blink.gif

Now I'm listening to it on my HE-6 via a vintage receiver just older than the album. 

Here's something for you vinyl addicts... http://www.vinyl180.com/deadcandance.html

THX for the link! Prices not so bad!

Also yes, reminding me of the release date. They were very ahead of their time in the style, equipment they mastered and sound. The album is timeless. I can maybe count on both hands the albums that continue to blow me away, Realm Of A Dying Sun is one. We are so lucky! They did do some soundtracks after so maybe they influenced the soundtrack field. For me the album can be played in the morning or in the middle of the night with all the lights off and It seems to affect me the same? Strange?

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #373 of 941
I love these. Eulogy alone makes Aenima number 1 for me though. Those quirks are brilliant. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
For me, its as below:

1. Tool - Lateralus
2. Tool - Aenima.

I know  Aenima has got a fair bit of quirky segues in it which could count as filler but to me they all gel to form one cohesive record and I NEVER skip anything with that album.

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #375 of 941
Not sure if this one has been mentioned, but deserves to be. It is a quite brilliant album!

as young as 13 when she wrote some of the songs, released when she was 19. Discovered by David Gilmore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back