Flat back iem for sleeping, removable cable?
May 26, 2018 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

stonew508

New Head-Fier
KZ-ZSA-news-2.jpg

This is a small, flat backed iem from Knowledge Zenith (zsa model) with removable cables that looks perfect to sleep in, while seeming durable and sexy. However, tales of sibilance strike fear in my heart. Anyone know of an iem similar to this shape under $100? If I was rich I'd buy Campfire Audio but I'm not. My 1964 ears quads stick out too far to sleep on my side and they keep getting clogged with wax. Any help would be appreciated.

May 27, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 10
Campfire Audio would be the best because of the flat surface. You can try Westone UM Pro series. The fitting is good and it is tiny :)

May 27, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 10
I don't think you can sleep on Campfire IEMs. My Lyra II's certainly won't fit that bill. It's got a bulky enough body that it'll dig deep into your ear canal with it's fairly wide nozzle. OP's already said it's out of his budget anyway.

I think Weststone or Shure have a better shape to sleep with.

May 27, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't think you can sleep on Campfire IEMs. My Lyra II's certainly won't fit that bill. It's got a bulky enough body that it'll dig deep into your ear canal with it's fairly wide nozzle. OP's already said it's out of his budget anyway.

I think Weststone or Shure have a better shape to sleep with.
Agreed with Shure and Westone. They are relatively smaller and might be more comfortable :)

May 30, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 10
dita answer works perfect, sitting extremly flush in the ear. AKG t8ie as well, but both are above the openers budget. on a budget still sony mh1c are small enough and hifiman re400 if you want a more neutral signature. extremly small inears, i fell asleap with quite often.

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #9 of 10
*bump* up-to-date recommendations needed !

DBaldock9 recommended Pizen PianoTrio [$24] and Tennmak Pro [$23],

Blon BL-03 also have been mentioned for sleeping on the side

Any additional recommendations ?

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #10 of 10
*bump* up-to-date recommendations needed !

DBaldock9 recommended Pizen PianoTrio [$24] and Tennmak Pro [$23],

Blon BL-03 also have been mentioned for sleeping on the side

Any additional recommendations ?

I would warn against sleeping with IEMs on the side. I had 2 IEMs that died at the cable insertion to IEM shell area after I slept on them overnight. Fortunately one of them had a detachable cable but the other one was non detachable and I had to do a MMCX mod on it to salvage it.

But I still occasionally sleep with the Semkarch SKC CNT1 or westone UM1 on my side as a bad habit. The shell shape is quite small and ergonomic so it is quite flush against the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back