FlaresPro/FlaresGold by Flare Audio
May 3, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #1,291 of 1,354
If you want to repair the earphones, than you have to mark the housing, before you open it. You make a line or two points on both parts of the housing and count the turnings. This is extremely important, because every little turn changes the sound. If you don't do this you end with a imbalance.
Thank you really much, do you mean these parts?
20200503_181917.jpg

May 3, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #1,293 of 1,354
Pepocoyo, are you sure it's a cable issue within the housing?
I'm using Flares since their Kickstarter campaign, and every time a channel stopped working the issue was a cable break within the headphone jack part. It is replacable and interchangeable between their post Kickstarter PRO series. For sure that's not easy to find out if you don't have a replacement.
Flare sells the headphone jack part separately if you contact the support and do not have warranty.

May 4, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #1,294 of 1,354
Pepocoyo, are you sure it's a cable issue within the housing?
I'm using Flares since their Kickstarter campaign, and every time a channel stopped working the issue was a cable break within the headphone jack part. It is replacable and interchangeable between their post Kickstarter PRO series. For sure that's not easy to find out if you don't have a replacement.
Flare sells the headphone jack part separately if you contact the support and do not have warranty.
I have tried to switch and it was an issue from the connector inside the earphone. I contact Flare and they said their repair service is closed now because of Covid19. They will notify me when they are available. So sad, i really love this earphone :frowning2:

May 19, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #1,296 of 1,354
anybody else with flare pros heavily distorting bass/ low frequencies? had this problem before. send them in. got repaired. months later problem occurred again. now flare audio responds "The earphones have been tested on multiple devices with three engineers who cannot replicate the fault you describe and our tests show that both drivers are performing within our parameters." send emails back and forth since february. they do not want to repair nor replace. they want me to charge for return costs. i will not pay 2x shipping for nothing so my faulty flare pros are still at flare audio repairs. i could not believe how they deny customer service and warranty. it was frustrating. on the other hand they forced me to look elsewhere. now i am more than happy with etymotic er2se and shanling up2. fun this is my first post since i registered in 2012 and this thread made me buy flares pro in the first place i guess..

May 19, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #1,297 of 1,354
anybody else with flare pros heavily distorting bass/ low frequencies? had this problem before. send them in. got repaired. months later problem occurred again. now flare audio responds "The earphones have been tested on multiple devices with three engineers who cannot replicate the fault you describe and our tests show that both drivers are performing within our parameters." send emails back and forth since february. they do not want to repair nor replace. they want me to charge for return costs. i will not pay 2x shipping for nothing so my faulty flare pros are still at flare audio repairs. i could not believe how they deny customer service and warranty. it was frustrating. on the other hand they forced me to look elsewhere. now i am more than happy with etymotic er2se and shanling up2. fun this is my first post since i registered in 2012 and this thread made me buy flares pro in the first place i guess..
Hey, sorry to hear that. My Flare earphone is broken and i gonna send back to them in a couple of weeks. Let see how they handle my case, i will have to pay 2 way shipping and repair fees (because the item is not in warranty now).

May 19, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #1,298 of 1,354

Hello,

Did you test your Pro with other sources and/or other tips ? I know is maybe a silly question, but it's just to find out.

May 19, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #1,299 of 1,354
In my experience Flares Pro series distorts very easily especially in the bass on low powered devices when trying to push em a bit loud. This doesn't happen on more powerful devices which means the distortion is amp clipping and not driver problem.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the reported issue but I mention it just in case.

May 19, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #1,300 of 1,354
Hello,

Did you test your Pro with other sources and/or other tips ? I know is maybe a silly question, but it's just to find out.
hi.
yes, of course. different digital sources and amps. flare bluetooth dongle was worst/ digital compression ie clipping. it was driving me crazy. mainly listening via apple music. tried tidal just to find out tidal adds more compression/ loudness ie more distortion. compared same songs then with official lossless download with foobar on win pc ~same as apple music.
In my experience Flares Pro series distorts very easily especially in the bass on low powered devices when trying to push em a bit loud. This doesn't happen on more powerful devices which means the distortion is amp clipping and not driver problem.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the reported issue but I mention it just in case.
for example fiio a5 was the same distortion as ipod touch. in my case driver problem/ distortion not power related.

May 19, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,301 of 1,354
hi.
yes, of course. different digital sources and amps. flare bluetooth dongle was worst/ digital compression ie clipping. it was driving me crazy. mainly listening via apple music. tried tidal just to find out tidal adds more compression/ loudness ie more distortion. compared same songs then with official lossless download with foobar on win pc ~same as apple music.

for example fiio a5 was the same distortion as ipod touch. in my case driver problem/ distortion not power related.
And did you try other tips ? For me and my very little ears, silicone produces artefacts and maybe block the driver because no air.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #1,303 of 1,354
Well, I ordered an SMSL Sanskrit Mk II and Shiit Heresy. Hoping these are a good combo for the Flares. So far, I have enjoyed their sound out of the bluetooth DAC. They sound bloated with little separation and too warm on my E17K or out of my G7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back