FlaresPro/FlaresGold by Flare Audio
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,261 of 1,354
Hi, thank you for you informations.
I still wanna buy them if they suits my music :frowning2: are they transparent and accurate sir? Do they good for Prog. Metal?
I see that Flare Audio is a really good brand, their products are always in the best quality.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #1,262 of 1,354
I have the Golds and apparently from what I have read in this thread they are very similar to the 2HDs. The Golds are extremely transparent and accurate and the Flare philosophy is to promote this aspect. I will not be looking for another iem as I am so satisfied with the Golds.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,265 of 1,354
I bought a almost new pair of 2HD on ebay for around 270€. I hope these things are very good! I had a pair of flare pro around 2 years ago. I liked them much. How much better are the 2HD?

I owned both. While I didn't get a chance to A/B them, I think the Pro 2 HD is a significant upgrade. The earlier version had a treble spike that was problematic for me. I couldn't listen to certain albums. The later version fixed that.

Also, the clarity and depth of the Pro 2 HD is significantly improved.

They went from good to great IMHO.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,266 of 1,354
Some people said, that the flare pro 2hd is better when the andromeda or other high end iems. Is this true? I mean, how is this possible? One dd driver spit out more details than a multidriver iem? How much better is the flare pro 2hd than others? Could somebody made a comparison with other iems that came 2019 on the market, like moondrop kanas pro or other hype iem? That would be very nice. :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #1,267 of 1,354
I don't know if the 2HD is better than Andromeda or not. But "One dd driver spit out more details than a multidriver iem" is possible. The Campfire Vega or Atlas (1 DD) are so much more detail than 1More Quad Driver :D It depends on the driver itself. I always believe that with new technologies and materials, dynamic driver can delivery more detail, accurate and transparent than BA driver

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #1,268 of 1,354
For me it's the sound of a direct driver as opposed to multi driver armatures and I've tried both. Give me a well designed DD any day. The Flares Gold have got it pretty well sussed out. That said I haven't heard the Atlas or Vega but am so happy with my Golds that I've stopped looking.

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #1,269 of 1,354
Are golds good for music from metal to psy trance and hip hop?

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #1,270 of 1,354
Are golds good for music from metal to psy trance and hip hop?

I really like my Gold’s, they are very neutral transparent and clean sounding. Whether they are best for all the music you favour I don’t know. Though I do listen to some hip hop and think they sound great.

Personally, I don’t like IEM’s or headphones that are tipped up in favour of particular types of music. So I guess it depends on your preferences as to whether the Gold’s would suit or not.

Jan 27, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #1,271 of 1,354
Multiple driver iems have all sorts of hurdles to over-come to smoothly integrate those drivers together so they sound as one whole; cross-overs, phase differences... With single driver iems, and dynamic drivers in particular, I guess it's about finding a good driver as much as anything and obviously Flare did and found a great way to use it. I wouldn't say one approach was definately better than the other.. probably more about good design when it comes down to it.

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #1,272 of 1,354
Multiple driver iems have all sorts of hurdles to over-come to smoothly integrate those drivers together so they sound as one whole; cross-overs, phase differences... With single driver iems, and dynamic drivers in particular, I guess it's about finding a good driver as much as anything and obviously Flare did and found a great way to use it. I wouldn't say one approach was definately better than the other.. probably more about good design when it comes down to it.

You're right, i found this article: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/com...w4r-vs-logitech-ue-900-vs-sony-xba-40.679046/
Many people believe that multi drivers always better than one driver. With me, it depends how the manufacturer design it and tune it.

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #1,273 of 1,354
A view days ago my 2HD arrived from england. I was very exciting about the sound, because i had a pro 3 years ago. I shoved them into my ears, pushed the play button and... i don't liked them! The bass of these things was to much for me and it was a bit bloated. Yesterday i had a idea. I covered the hole at the other end of the 2hd and boom, the bass was much more controlled and the mids are clearer with more details. Sure these don't have the extreme subbass, but now i like the sound! Everytime i wondering, how the *** these little driver are capable to spit out so much details in such a thick and taktile way with these imaging and stage. This thing is like magic for me. Sure i heard much better iems, but these had much more drivers and so on. But the 2HD (now modded) has only one 5mm dd driver and are able to put a smile on my face. Very nice.

Feb 5, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #1,274 of 1,354
A view days ago my 2HD arrived from england. I was very exciting about the sound, because i had a pro 3 years ago. I shoved them into my ears, pushed the play button and... i don't liked them! The bass of these things was to much for me and it was a bit bloated. Yesterday i had a idea. I covered the hole at the other end of the 2hd and boom, the bass was much more controlled and the mids are clearer with more details. Sure these don't have the extreme subbass, but now i like the sound! Everytime i wondering, how the *** these little driver are capable to spit out so much details in such a thick and taktile way with these imaging and stage. This thing is like magic for me. Sure i heard much better iems, but these had much more drivers and so on. But the 2HD (now modded) has only one 5mm dd driver and are able to put a smile on my face. Very nice.
What do you mean cover the 2HD? And what DAP do you use? I'd heard that its bass is not that bad @@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back