Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Aug 11, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #2,986 of 3,098
If anyone is going to try the new Flare in Canjam, could you please see if it uses the same ear tips as the R2 line? I'd like to make a custom tips for my R2 but I'm afraid that it'd be incompatible with the new Flare. Would help a lot to know this little tidbit.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #2,988 of 3,098
Had a look at the new flares today at canjam. Looking and sounding good. The new version looks like fixed cables/fixed drivers with a new Flare designed Kevlar cable design. Looks and feels way more sturdy than the originals. The new design is also now back vented. The front sound tube has a central bore which widens (similar to fitear parterre metal bores). Flare are also including their own design of ear tip which seems like a foam type tip. Feels hard-wearing and looks like it's designed to continue the expansion of the sound bore to distribute the sound outward.

They sounded really good, natural, effortless and transparent. I'm sold!

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,989 of 3,098
Awesome! Want to hear some more impressions and comparison to the R2A/S/Pro. Did they mention any ETA on the Kickstarter campaign? 

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #2,991 of 3,098
@Sodesuka:
New series do not use the same tips as R2.x If you want a custom tip I'd recommend to wait. The dimensions are slightly different and the one shown on the CanJam show is still in prototype stage. On the positive side, SpinFits fit the new nozzle.
@Paul Pabs was kind enough to let me take a few snapshots of the CONCEPT version of their new IEM, in this case the FLARE HD titanium based version, being the 'middle' of the three different versions available at the Kickstarter launch scheduled for the end of September. He also provided me with additional information I'll be sharing here as soon as write-up is finished. 

Prototype Flare HD (Titanium), with Blue colored Earfoam® tips, production color for the tips will be Black instead of Blue
The position of the cable coming out of the barrel will be changed to an angeled position out of the barrel (not being the end cap) to ensure an easier over-the-ear wearing position, so please bare that in mind when looking at the pictures.

FLARE HD (prototype)

FLARE HD prototype with SpinFit size M

Comparison FLARE HD, prototype (L) and R2Pro (R)

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #2,994 of 3,098
Ooh interesting, I notice that, just like the canjam picture for the flare's, the nozzle's hole is cone shaped now. How's the sound comparison with R2Pro? Is the cable detachable? Looks like you can still unscrew the back, is it true?

I appreciate your input!

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,995 of 3,098
Ooh interesting, I notice that, just like the canjam picture for the flare's, the nozzle's hole is cone shaped now. How's the sound comparison with R2Pro? Is the cable detachable? Looks like you can still unscrew the back, is it true?

I appreciate your input!

Exactly why I'm doing a write-up and for good comparison we'll need to distinguish the three versions first to avoid any miscommunication now or later on.

New IEM line up will be called 'FLARE' and will consist of

> FLARE aluminium
> FLARE HD titanium
> FLARE PRO titanium, like FLARE HD with extra features

All come with PE+Kevlar reinforced twisted cable.

Of course the new FLARE PRO version will be the most exciting, offering an adaptive Y-splitter, enabling these beauties to go balanced and aptX Bluetooth.

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #2,999 of 3,098
  Also waiting for more canjam impressions from @Jobbing. Did anyone compare the new flares with the r2 line?? Any big difference in terms of sound?

When I returned from Can Jam I have put my notes in a document with the intention to post that here. On a second thought I concluded that it would be better for all involved to open a new and fresh Flare Audio Thread dedicated to the new IEM series, giving potential backers and buyers the right information from the start. Look at it as a pre-Kickstarter warm-up and opportunity to get momentum early by sharing consistent information. So I have been in contact with Flare Audio and made that suggestion to @Paul Pabs, then shot him an email with the link to my concept version last Tuesday. Paul said he would forward that concept to the FA Team and get back to me. Waiting for his reply and additional information/pictures he said he would be happy to share if the team agrees. As soon as Flare Audio give their approval I will open a thread and post the information. Hope this helps.       

Users who are viewing this thread

Back