Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #2,686 of 3,098
My impression Flare R2 pro compare to My Roxanne :I do not use any equalizer, I used Hugo as dac/amp .
I'm not an expert ,I try hard to explain what am Hearing , first Flare 2 pro sound better than my Roxanne and open my eyes .

bass: hits hard ,natural and well controlled, position is at good spot and deep ,not overwhelm any of mids or treble .
bass roxanne: more up in you face . quantity more than r2 pro but less quality , it affect the sound of roxanne . from dark to bright you can adjust it too .

mids : r2 pro : clear ,not bright ,laid back and in the right position .
depend on you tracks .
Roxanne : up front in your face , very clear and very good amount of detail .
sound harsh with bad recorded .

Treble: r2 pro : very natural and extended very well ,I feel it maybe rolled off a little  , everything sound right and natural. very good with poor and high quality track .
roxanne : up close to my head ,sparkle ,clear ,it has limited feeling.
Soundstage :
Roxanne : sound taller with normal depth and weak width ,I feel the sound comes from wall like it's has that limited feeling this cost and force instrumets to be more focus on .
R2 pro : effortless presentation ,wide soundstage and very deep , focus is very good  it plays everything on the right position .

R2 pro more in natural while roxanne in bright side .
The notes sound real and smooth ,natural  .
The R2 pro is a unique IEm  .
Guys who love sparkle trebel won't like it .
I'll keep my eyes on Flare iem from now on.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #2,687 of 3,098
I will read posts after, I just got my iPhone 5s and i didn't expect any change in sound at all but it sounds much better with my diy flare audio r2as or whatever they are r2s or r2 pro, I was going to buy a dac but it sounds so good I don't know if I need to. I think these r2as are epic earphones, but ye build quality is not the best. I feel if I pull on cable by accident like on a shop shelve in groceries store it will pull on the earphones. it happened but I'm surprised it still works. I avoid any pulling on the earphones. right earphone is still a bit louder but sound is nice.

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,689 of 3,098
yep especially to know that we are really enjoying their product, my iPhone 5s really does sound better than iPhone 5c
would be good if flair would improve their items but it's very good right now, even if my right items is a bit louder than left on all of them haha. :) :thumbsup_tone2:

lol all is left is to buy any dac to use with iphone. its a new apple usb dongle that you can power with a lightning cable lol nice product, adds usb port to iphone

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #2,690 of 3,098
Is anyone else using Crystal Tips with their R2's?

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #2,692 of 3,098
Yes, me too - love mine. Last for ages compared to the competition. I found I had to come up from a medium Comply to a large Crystal to get a proper seal. Add a layer of teabag to smooth out the treble and then off we go.

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,693 of 3,098
Yes, me too - love mine. Last for ages compared to the competition. I found I had to come up from a medium Comply to a large Crystal to get a proper seal. Add a layer of teabag to smooth out the treble and then off we go.

I know what you mean, I was still okay with the medium but they are just so much more durable. I've tried the tea bag mod, maybe I just have thicker tea bags but it put a veil on the sound to my ears. Which model are you using a friend of mine was using the SS and the tea bag mod just finished them off in fact due to the more upfront mids I almost prefered them to my R2Pro. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,695 of 3,098
Snugs do an excellent earsleeve for this model BUT.... make sure you have a decent ear impression which goes to the 2nd bend and make sure when you get the earsleeves back that they are long enough to go right into the ear canal and don't accept them until they get them right. Patience will be the key here unless you are really lucky. With the correct earsleeves everything will sound better and the IEMs will be comfortable

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #2,698 of 3,098
I know what you mean, I was still okay with the medium but they are just so much more durable. I've tried the tea bag mod, maybe I just have thicker tea bags but it put a veil on the sound to my ears. Which model are you using a friend of mine was using the SS and the tea bag mod just finished them off in fact due to the more upfront mids I almost prefered them to my R2Pro. 
Cue pages of discussion on which type of teabag. I used an unbleached organic one - veils less than the supplied Comply IMHO.
Haven't tried the SS. I suspected they might be the ones to go for being the best of both worlds but ended up going for A and Pro.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #2,699 of 3,098
 veils less than the supplied Comply IMHO.

But still veils, just less?  My personal feeling is that the tea-bag mod solves a problem that isn't there (but I had this argument early in the thread so don't want to go there again!)

I use Complis without wax guard and the treble is all good for me and no problem with keeping them clean, tho didn't particularly notice veiling with the wax guard ones either. How they're inserted into the ear is more variable to me than much else - have to give them a little wiggle, flick about so they're pointing at the right angle for my ear canals.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #2,700 of 3,098
  My impression Flare R2 pro compare to My Roxanne :I do not use any equalizer, I used Hugo as dac/amp .
I'm not an expert ,I try hard to explain what am Hearing , first Flare 2 pro sound better than my Roxanne and open my eyes .

bass: hits hard ,natural and well controlled, position is at good spot and deep ,not overwhelm any of mids or treble .
bass roxanne: more up in you face . quantity more than r2 pro but less quality , it affect the sound of roxanne . from dark to bright you can adjust it too .

mids : r2 pro : clear ,not bright ,laid back and in the right position .
depend on you tracks .
Roxanne : up front in your face , very clear and very good amount of detail .
sound harsh with bad recorded .

Treble: r2 pro : very natural and extended very well ,I feel it maybe rolled off a little  , everything sound right and natural. very good with poor and high quality track .
roxanne : up close to my head ,sparkle ,clear ,it has limited feeling.
Soundstage :
Roxanne : sound taller with normal depth and weak width ,I feel the sound comes from wall like it's has that limited feeling this cost and force instrumets to be more focus on .
R2 pro : effortless presentation ,wide soundstage and very deep , focus is very good  it plays everything on the right position .

R2 pro more in natural while roxanne in bright side .
The notes sound real and smooth ,natural  .
The R2 pro is a unique IEm  .
Guys who love sparkle trebel won't like it .
I'll keep my eyes on Flare iem from now on.

Great summary of the R2Pro's sound in my opinion. Am yet to hear Roxannes (are yours custom or the universal ones?) but the difference is what I guessed from reading a few other comparisons, some of which flip the same result around, saying the Flares are lacking treble brightness as opposed to the Flare being natural and the Roxannes over-bright.

All depends on your usual frame of reference . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back