Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Apr 20, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #2,716 of 3,098
Make sure you take advantage of these prices and get your Flares. My Pros are seriously amazing with the custom acrylic tips. I have flown on a small and noisy Fokker 50 today and I couldn't hear a thing, even between songs. And Sonny Rollins never sounded better while I was flying over the Australian outback

Where in OZ did you get your customs made for the Flares?

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #2,718 of 3,098

vsd3s medium tips make these sound very good

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #2,724 of 3,098

Zuperdac
sound is epic

ZuperDAC review lightning usb 3 adapter flair audio r2a ve monk
https://youtu.be/w5LPGEy2HF8

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #2,726 of 3,098
I think custom tips must be the next step for me and my Flares.

I've seen some nice ones made by ACS in the UK - kind of subtle yellowish tint, clear moulds with their logos on (I think red and blue for left and right). I'd prefer a kind of weak mint tea/weak cola colour myself.

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #2,727 of 3,098
Apr 22, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #2,729 of 3,098
I think custom tips must be the next step for me and my Flares.

I've seen some nice ones made by ACS in the UK - kind of subtle yellowish tint, clear moulds with their logos on (I think red and blue for left and right). I'd prefer a kind of weak mint tea/weak cola colour myself.

Colour doesn't matter much as there's nothing sticking out other than the headphones. Tips sit deep in your ear.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2,730 of 3,098
I made two and one sounds better than other but both are good. with zuperdac r2a sound so nice, best iems i heard. sure there are better earphones but i wont pay they money for like shure 865 or whats their name but i am looking at some shure iems. might pick one up. putting zuperdac with r2a is smooth, i hear stuff i didnt know was there. if i do same thing with ve monk improvement is not much but better. adding zuperdac to r2a its like driving a ferrari smooth, prescice music. i hear even complicated parts of song. im even dont want to say anything to folks in ve monk thread they wont like that. I think anyone can make 50 euro r2a iems with some flair audio replacements and some diying and get sound that you only get at 500-800 euro with other brands. the way it sounds with zuperdac and r2a i would give probably 250 euro but headfi would be about 600 euro.
trinity delta were good though too has nice 3d sound but r2a is just so much better overall. i might pick some bass iems. if bass on delta were better i would keep it bass is just annoing unrefined bass. unrefined bassy bass iem. even qkz x6 iem for 5 euro has better bass. everything else is worse. i would say if you pick up r2a pick up a good dac as well zuperdac is quite cheap though. there are other ofcourse. dac add better audio to r2a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back