Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Dec 12, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #2,417 of 3,098
  I listen to a lot of classical symphonic music (e.g. Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Dvorak, Sibelius, Mahler, Bruckner, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Stravinsky etc.) with my R2A and I'd say that it does a fantastic job at presenting the music with good balance and clarity, provided that you feed it enough power (especially current, since the R2 earphones generally have relatively low sensitivity). The setup you mentioned should do the job. I like to pair mine with my X5 & E12DIY combo.

I agree. The R2A can really tell you how well the music has been recorded / mastered. Also I find that it presents quite well the sound stage of the music as it was recorded, especially in orchestral recordings where engineers have so many different strategies for positioning mics.

Great to know. 
I believe I made the right choice. Ordered a pair from Amazon, due to the bureaucracy of the Custom, I'd be happy if I can have them in Beijing in time for a New year's gift. :)

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2,418 of 3,098
The R2 Pros are the flattest earphones I own. I'm considering writing and mixing music soon so could I get away with using my R2 Pros for this purpose? I'd rather not buy another pair of headphones at the moment and studio monitors wouldn't be ideal either since I'm living in a dorm for the next 4 months.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2,420 of 3,098
Very simple. Just unscrew the caps. Pry up the O-ring, then slide the drivers out. Install the new drivers in the same way the old one was installed so study how it looked inside after unscrewing.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #2,422 of 3,098
where can you buy a speaker or a cable replacement? or not possible?

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #2,423 of 3,098
Very simple. Just unscrew the caps. Pry up the O-ring, then slide the drivers out. Install the new drivers in the same way the old one was installed so study how it looked inside after unscrewing.

I always found pictures of multiple angles works best
wink_face.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #2,429 of 3,098
The R2 Pros are the flattest earphones I own. I'm considering writing and mixing music soon so could I get away with using my R2 Pros for this purpose? I'd rather not buy another pair of headphones at the moment and studio monitors wouldn't be ideal either since I'm living in a dorm for the next 4 months.

The R2 are fantastic for this, I now use mine over my studio monitors to really get inside the track / mix

Pabs

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #2,430 of 3,098
paul are all flare audio r2 have same drivers, im sure it was answered before but i didnt real all pages. is it only metal that changes sound? im not sure if thats like that. also is the back of driver actually air sealed or where cable leaves is the port?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back