Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Sep 20, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,206 of 3,098

Doesn't seem to work

They might be outta stock or something. The R2Pro lasted less than a day when I gave out the coupon for that. I'll ask the guy who gave me the coupon code, Davies, what's up and then I'll get back to you.

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #2,207 of 3,098
  They might be outta stock or something. The R2Pro lasted less than a day when I gave out the coupon for that. I'll ask the guy who gave me the coupon code, Davies, what's up and then I'll get back to you.

I'd be surprised if the stock sold out as I tried it 5mins after the code was supposed to be active, anyway not too fused as have the R2ProTi and the R2A.  thanks anyway

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #2,208 of 3,098

I'd be surprised if the stock sold out as I tried it 5mins after the code was supposed to be active, anyway not too fused as have the R2ProTi and the R2A.  thanks anyway

Davies just got back to me and said something is wrong on Amazon's end. He's going to try and have it rectified by the morning, so you can check back again at that time if you want. I've got the the R2A and R2Pro myself. Loving these little beasts. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #2,209 of 3,098
I got the Pros and am comparing them with the As. The Pros are brighter and more detailed, like the spotlight is being shone into the music. That however reduces the width of what the reveal - the As sound like they have a wider, more diffuse sound stage but what the reveal is a little less clear. The Pros give notes better weight and solidity. PRAT is very good. The Pros bass is amazing. So deep, punchy and tight. I'm hearing a little bit of a low treble peak - almost like the B&O H6s but not as bad - that make them a little brighter than the As.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #2,210 of 3,098
^ thanks for comparison!
have you tried to seal the endcaps on R2A more ?:) that should reduce bass bloat and open the mids and highs, worked with mine.

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #2,211 of 3,098
  Davies just got back to me and said something is wrong on Amazon's end. He's going to try and have it rectified by the morning, so you can check back again at that time if you want. I've got the the R2A and R2Pro myself. Loving these little beasts. 

Code works now - but i've changed my mind now as I already have the flagship! I'm sure someone else can benefit

Sep 22, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #2,212 of 3,098
In case anyone in the US is looking for a pair of R2Pros, I've got mine up for sale over in the Hapeadohones for Sale forum. Sound is great, but I prefer the more mid-forward sound of the Trinity Deltas I got at the same time.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #2,213 of 3,098
Can anyone comment on either of these earphones performance for metal? I'm a bit worried about the supposed lack of treble energy but am really interested in the supposed sound stage and imaging these earphones have and curious to see how they handle double bass kick-pedals.

I'm also reading mixed responses regarding clarity and detail so any form of response would be appreciated.

I'm coming from a Westone 3 and a Phonak Audeo PFE 232.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #2,214 of 3,098
I have tried to reverse my mod on R2A to hear the differences from stock and modded. I am impressed bcs change is bigger than I thought. The bass immediately unleashed, quite overwhelming and mids and treble with not much energy. This time it didn't matter how much I close the endcap. I returned to mod them, this time I got Klipsh ovals for a o-ring that fit better :) (See James' signature) - very pleasing sound, controlled bass, lush vocals, smooth treble

I guess for people who want to sell this unit try to mod it first its not hard and maybe you like it more.
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #2,215 of 3,098
The R2Pro' just keep me amazed.

Has anyone been able to (semi-)scientifically confirm any Flare Audio "pressure-balanced design is safer for hearing" claims?

Any news on the development of their new cables/driver (braided, balanced, Pono design)?

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2,216 of 3,098
They don't have the 6-8 khz region emphasized as opposed to TWFK BA iems or some other micro drivers (looking at you Duke
tongue.gif
) which is the cause of the sibilance and pain in my case, hence the non-fatiguing musical goodness from R2 series.

+1 on balanced cables :)

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #2,217 of 3,098
  They don't have the 6-8 khz region emphasized as opposed to TWFK BA iems or some other micro drivers (looking at you Duke
tongue.gif
) which is the cause of the sibilance and pain in my case, hence the non-fatiguing musical goodness from R2 series.

+1 on balanced cables :)

Well now that's interesting, I've thought as much about the duke having 6-8khz peak from reading some reviews/impression, that's also where I'm intolerant to peaks but I know there are people who don't mind it. Some people say that R2Pro has some treble peak, but it's probably on the frequency where I'm not particularly sensitive even though it might be objectively true. Quite interesting how our ears work.

I just want some kind of detachable connectors so I can choose the cable myself. Not sure if it's possible after seeing how tiny the shells are though. :frowning2:

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,218 of 3,098
@Bananiq and @sodesuka - thanks

Actually I wasn't referring to the non-fatiguing highs/sound. It's the pressure being build up in the inner ear - or lack thereof - I'm interested in. Stephen Ambrose's ADEL technology supposedly prevents hearing loss, Flare Audio promised somewhat similar in their claim, I wonder what independent and objective proof or measurements are available to support the claims.

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #2,219 of 3,098
@Bananiq and @sodesuka - thanks

Actually I wasn't referring to the non-fatiguing highs/sound. It's the pressure being build up in the inner ear - or lack thereof - I'm interested in. Stephen Ambrose's ADEL technology supposedly prevents hearing loss, Flare Audio promised somewhat similar in their claim, I wonder what independent and objective proof or measurements are available to support the claims.

They prevents is not entirely true, to make that claim the sounds should be encode into our brain, not through the ears drum. Bone conduction isn't perfect, maybe Neurophone is exactly the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back