Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Sep 25, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #2,221 of 3,098
Glad the code worked for you! Its available until September 30th, or until they run out of stock over at Flare Audio.

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,222 of 3,098
Hey Guys,

I'm confused on the whole driver and cable replacement issue. Assuming your cable gets faulty, could you replace the cable without touching the drivers or does the cable come with a new pair of drivers attached to it? Thanks for your help in advance.

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #2,225 of 3,098
You can contact Flare directly to have them send directly to you. Last I checked the postage wasn't cheap though regardless of the item (they wanted 30 pounds, or around $45 to ship eartips to my location, yeah.)

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #2,227 of 3,098
Hi all

I've been testing out my Snug custom fit molds for the past 2 days and have to say i'm pretty disappointed.

I find that the bass is a lot less present than with the comply tips. There's no lack of detail and treble, but the fit just isn't as good as with the complys.

anyone else finding the same?

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #2,228 of 3,098
Hi all

I've been testing out my Snug custom fit molds for the past 2 days and have to say i'm pretty disappointed.

I find that the bass is a lot less present than with the comply tips. There's no lack of detail and treble, but the fit just isn't as good as with the complys.

_____

I would like to know also. I'm planning on getting snug tips also. I have an appointment a week from tomorrow to have the impressions made. So if anyone has any comments feel free to share.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #2,229 of 3,098
I do not bother posting much these days because this combination is essentially perfect.

PAW Gold (LOTOO PMEQ) > NXT-2AK > R2PRO (end caps fully screwed in, Comply Tx-200 large)

My portable music issues are dealt with. Time to focus on something else.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #2,230 of 3,098
I'm thinking about buying a pair of decent cans to give my Pros a break every now and then as sometimes I don't feel like sticking comply foam in my ears. Narrowed down to Mrspeakers Alfa Dog and Oppo PM3. How does the signature of these two compare with R2Pro? Will I be disappointed with either of those coming from the Flares?

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2,231 of 3,098
If you don't need isolation, consider the Hifiman HE-400i...

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #2,233 of 3,098
Hi all

I given up on mine also for the r2pro , the nozzle tube hole is too small effecting the signature. After the initial positive experience, i not been geting a good fit, signature does seem impacted by the silicon. Also the experience is very hit and miss for me. Im back on complys, spiraldots and spinfits now.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #2,234 of 3,098
I given up on mine also for the r2pro , the nozzle tube hole is too small effecting the signature. After the initial positive experience, i not been geting a good fit, signature does seem impacted by the silicon. Also the experience is very hit and miss for me. Im back on complys, spiraldots and spinfits now.

Can't but agree with you. Comply's are proving so much better for me.

I've also found the same experience on my Ety ER4's - the bass (what little there was of it) has vanished, so they're back to comply tips too.

A real shame as I had so much hope that customs were the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back