Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 24, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,561 of 3,098
So my order is scheduled to arrive on Monday. Those who are in the US, what methods does UPS allow for paying the brokerage fees? Does credit card work? I think I read that they only accept check or something 

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,562 of 3,098
  So my order is scheduled to arrive on Monday. Those who are in the US, what methods does UPS allow for paying the brokerage fees? Does credit card work? I think I read that they only accept check or something 

Brokerage fees? I didn't pay anything. They just wanted my signature (which I taped to the door cuz I wasn't gonna be there at delivery time).

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,563 of 3,098
Really? How odd. Been hearing how you have to pay a brokerage fee from US KS backers in the comments section 

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,564 of 3,098
  Really? How odd. Been hearing how you have to pay a brokerage fee from US KS backers in the comments section 

To be fair, I have no idea of how the shipping world works. But I haven't gotten an email from UPS asking me to pay for anything and I didn't see any fee or dollar amount from the original tracking email....

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,566 of 3,098
I would just never get mine if I had to give them a check. What is a "check" anyway?
tongue.gif

Right??? I don't have a checkbook. If they don't have an online payment system, then they aren't keeping up with the times.

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,567 of 3,098
Is that right? At the moment this is what the delivery status of mine looks like: 

The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

​Which is what you typically see while they are evaluating the package to determine whether it should be taxed? I dunno, I'm not complaining if they don't charge you anything. It's just that I've seen multiple mentions of being charged from supposed US backers 
confused.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,568 of 3,098
cool.gif
Listened to My R2A again for 2 hours last night and have concluded that they simply are not for me Sonically. They are great earphones just not for my untrained ears.

I have them listed in the for Sale section with a longer description asking for the Kickstarter Price of $122 to recoup my investment. They are NO LONGER available at this price. They are pretty much Burned in completely and I will also enclose a Burn-in log copy.

P.M. me here or in the Classified section.

Thanx, TWIN

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,570 of 3,098
  Is that right? At the moment this is what the delivery status of mine looks like: 

​Which is what you typically see while they are evaluating the package to determine whether it should be taxed? I dunno, I'm not complaining if they don't charge you anything. It's just that I've seen multiple mentions of being charged from supposed US backers 
confused.gif

Like when you click on the tracking number to see shipment progress from the UPS Quantum View message? Hmm, yeah I don't recall ever seeing that in my shipping progress and I don't see it now when I look back at it either.

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #1,571 of 3,098

The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

confused.gif

I got that same message in my tracking info. Basically, what was reported by Flare (they inquired directly with UPS) is that any package delivered in the US with a value over $200.49 would get charged the brokerage fees. Since I ordered the R2Pro I had to pay the fee, which was around $22. I believe this was mentioned by them in the comments section on Kickstarter.

I was able to pay by credit card, but only over the phone. I missed the initial delivery, and when I called them, they said I could pay by phone. So the next day when it was delivered, I just had to sign for it. I think I remember them saying that you can't pay via credit card in person, but I'm really not sure about that.

HTH!

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,572 of 3,098
Ah, thank you, that makes sense since the valuation for the R2A would be under $200. I just wanna be prepared on Monday. Guess I gotta go look for the ol' check book then :l 

Jul 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #1,574 of 3,098
You include burn-in logs? Yeesh, now I feel inadequate as a seller.
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
They are only worth the Paper they are printed on....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back