Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 23, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #1,531 of 3,098
  Oh dude you have a 10.A? I've never been able to read anything about it here. How is it??

Well, there is reason why you can't find anything about them here and for same reason I will not post it.

BTW, R2A are so power hungry, with some albums, my Sansa Clip Zip don't have enough power. And on X1, most IEMs are around 40/100, R2A go around 60.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 23, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #1,532 of 3,098

Well, there is reason why you can't find anything about them here and for same reason I will not post it.

BTW, R2A are so power hungry, with some albums, my Sansa Clip Zip don't have enough power. And on X1, most IEMs are around 40/100, R2A go around 60.

Cant say negative on here?

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #1,533 of 3,098
type of tips really plays major role what you going to hear. it is like changing filters. going to try more tips to see which one suit me better. but with wide bore silicon, i need to lower the volume to have longer and more comfortable listening session. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,534 of 3,098
  type of tips really plays major role what you going to hear. it is like changing filters. going to try more tips to see which one suit me better. but with wide bore silicon, i need to lower the volume to have longer and more comfortable listening session. 

Well that the same on every universal IEM right?

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,535 of 3,098

You won't get banned for describing it, I've posted about the 8.A all over head fi. But its cool never mind. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,536 of 3,098

Well.. I saw your post and pulled out my IE80 from storage to compare. It is not even close. R2A is much better sounding IEM to my ears. There is not a single aspect IE80 does better than R2A in terms of SQ. High, mid, low, soundstage, dynamic, naturalness, neutralness, timbre, timing, imaging all better on R2A.

Thank you, just what I wanted to hear. Now to get a pair.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,537 of 3,098
Ok finally got around and plugged in R2S after listening to Pros for few days.

I don't have time to do critical listening and A/B them (I listen at work through HRT microstreamer).

Honestly it's hard for me to choose between them, I actually feel the R2S have slightly bigger soundstage. 

They are amazing. I really dig sound signature of flares.

Can't afford to keep all 3 - R2As (in natural color) went to my gf and she loves them - she now even listens to them in bed when going to sleep :).

I think I'll keep R2Pros but only because they are made of titanium :)

I recently bought new camera and now need new lens, so am willing to trade pristine R2S with just ~3hours of use (with unused medium comply tips that came with them) for Olympus 25mm f1.8 for micro 4/3rds lens.

I'm in UK, International is ok with me but only with someone that I could trust (long term poster / positive trade feedback).

If anyone is interested - PM me!

EDIT: These lens are $275 new on ebay, cheaper used in very good condition so similar price to Kickstarter price for R2S (+ no import tax/customs)
EDIT2: I feel the bass is punchier on R2S and slightly more of it than R2PRO

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,538 of 3,098
  Flare is stating the R2's don't need burn in btw, due to their design

I've yet to hear the slightest bit of difference with 'burn in'.  Alas, people here burn in earphones (including BA drivers), cables, solid state DAPs et al and somehow the sound ALWAYS improves (but never gets worse) afterwards.  One big middle finger to science.  Sighs.

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,539 of 3,098
I'm somewhat in the middle. I think in some cases people report big differences, like with the Tralucent 1+2 and more generally dynamic drivers. I haven't heard big differences myself either, iBasso also states something like 200 hours burn in is required for the DX90 but I didn't really hear a difference after.

But I am open to it, if other people claim they hear big differences I'll tend to believe them more than not. Because the same is true for cables. A lot of people think cables are ridiculous just because they can't hear clear differences when A-B'ing, or have never tried quality cables.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,540 of 3,098
Am using the R2As now... Definitely a very nice sounding earpiece, but not on par with my JH16 with twag v3 litz of course. But I'd say maybe 70-80%?I think I'm the few who prefer the comply foam instead of the Silicone tips. The silicone tips made the highs a bit too harsh for my ears. But we'll see after the week goes by. I'm seriously impressed by the R2A, not sure what will happen if I got the R2pro!

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #1,541 of 3,098
So I bought R2A from alchemist23 hoping I will reach better fit. Will report findings :) really looking forward to see what's the buzz about.
I was thinking about A73 also, but realized they would cost more with customs included.

Need more Fidue vs Flare comparisons!

evil_smiley.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #1,542 of 3,098

I've yet to hear the slightest bit of difference with 'burn in'.  Alas, people here burn in earphones (including BA drivers), cables, solid state DAPs et al and somehow the sound ALWAYS improves (but never gets worse) afterwards.  One big middle finger to science.  Sighs.

I just do it out of peace of mind so if I don't like it at a certain period of time, I won't have any further expectations. The one that I did experience major burn in was with my Micro iDSD and my Xiaomi Pistons 2.0. The former didn't improve right away mind you. It actually got really muddy and weird sounding. It had very weird fluctuations but yeah, I can't lie and say it isn't better now that it's settled compared to when I started off. A lot in the iDSD thread would say the same. The Xiaomis well… they were rather crappish when I got them and now they're above average and I don't believe my standards would have dropped significantly. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #1,543 of 3,098

They are amazing. I really dig sound signature of flares.

Can't afford to keep all 3 - R2As (in natural color) went to my gf and she loves them - she now even listens to them in bed when going to sleep :).

This is so far the only IEM I would actually be able to sleep in. I have another that is just as comfortable for walking around, but because it's got that custom sort of shape (it's still a universal IEM though), it just wouldn't be comfortable if I turned my head to the side. But these, they don't protrude, they don't cause discomfort of any kind for me.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,544 of 3,098
  This is so far the only IEM I would actually be able to sleep in. I have another that is just as comfortable for walking around, but because it's got that custom sort of shape (it's still a universal IEM though), it just wouldn't be comfortable if I turned my head to the side. But these, they don't protrude, they don't cause discomfort of any kind for me.

I used to sleep in my ETY 6i's all the time or at least until that less than stellar cable broke off
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back