Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 15, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,336 of 3,098
Got mine today, first impressions, comfort > anything I've ever used, I slept for two hours with these in. Sound quality is "better" than my T10i's, my girlfriend has my Soundmagic HP150's until next week but then I will compare to those. Better comparison coming later. Also the Y-Split is an absolute joke.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,339 of 3,098
  http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/index.php?match=all&subcats=Y&dispatch=product_features.view&q=r2a

:)

lol, smooth. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,342 of 3,098
was looking for KS price, but yea - LOL

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,343 of 3,098
When you're compressing the tip pull it gently back from the opening so that when it re-expands in your ear none of the foam is blocking the opening. Better still ditch the Complys and go with a nice fitting silicone, wide bore tip.

I got the Flare R2As last Friday and have been using them since. Out of the box I was very shocked to find that my previous IEMs, Yamaha EPH-100s, sounded a lot clearer and detailed. The R2As sounded heavily veiled. There was also very noticeable distortion and a certain graininess to the sound. This did not match up with other's impressions and reviews so I knew I was doing something wrong.

Since it was my first time using foam eartips I assumed the problem was in how I was preparing and inserting the tips. Thanks to this comment and this video by Tyll at Inner Fidilety I solved the issue and now they sound way better than my EPH-100. Looking into trying out silicone tips (EPH-100 tips are way too wide to use for the R2A). 

Question to People who received R2As in Canada.

When UPS delivery asks you to pay tax, duty and brokerage fees at the door, can you pay this in credit card or is it cash only?

Yes, I'm fairly certain you can pay duties and brokerage with credit card at your door. On their website you can also pay it online before the delivery as well.

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,344 of 3,098
Hello, does anyone know where I can buy Spinfits,or ANY other silicon tips with wax guards/filters for the R2A's, in the UK? Just looking for cheap ones I can use for various occasions, hell, even cheap foam ones will do as long as they are wax guarded/filtered.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,346 of 3,098
Hello, does anyone know where I can buy Spinfits,or ANY other silicon tips with wax guards/filters for the R2A's, in the UK? Just looking for cheap ones I can use for various occasions, hell, even cheap foam ones will do as long as they are wax guarded/filtered.

eBay or custom cables Sennheiser ie800 ear tips should suffice nicely. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #1,347 of 3,098
  Can anyone advise on a technique to remove the y splitter without risking severing the cable?

smily_headphones1.gif
I used a Jewelers screwdriver and gently tapped the seam at both ends of one side then flipped it over to the other side and repeated, several times making sure not to puncture any cable. You could also use a single edge Razor blade or Razor Knife. Just be gentle.

I also used a very thin strip of masking tape to mask off the rear caps and using some laquer (My wife's and daughter's fingernail polish and clearcoat0, Painted the rear surfaces Red for Right, Blue for left. BTW: DO THIS before you remove the splitter cover...

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 15, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #1,348 of 3,098

smily_headphones1.gif
I used a Jewelers screwdriver and gently tapped the seam at both ends of one side then flipped it over to the other side and repeated, several times making sure not to puncture any cable. You could also use a single edge Razor blade or Razor Knife. Just be gentle.

I also used a very thin strip of masking tape to mask off the rear caps and using some laquer (My wife's and daughter's fingernail polish and clearcoat0, Painted the rear surfaces Red for Right, Blue for left. BTW: DO THIS before you remove the splitter cover...

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Thanks! Does the y splitter underneath look reasonably robust? 

Jul 15, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #1,349 of 3,098

I'm looking for one too and so far the only silicone tips that have some kind of wax guards I know is the ostry tips, you could get all of its kind (nine pairs) for $13 here http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ostry-os100-os200-os300-earphone-turning-tips.html

Haven't tried them yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back