Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 8, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #1,096 of 3,098
Looks like we've found a way of getting them through customs, but it won't be cheap.

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #1,098 of 3,098
  I like the sonics, but, the cables are extremely sensitive: even minor movement/friction propagates through the units. Is there some sort of mod that would make these less sensitive to cable induced noise?

Can anyone here recommend someone, preferably US based, who could recable mine? The cable noise makes them unusable for travel.

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #1,101 of 3,098
Could be tough to re-cable since the ultra small drivers seem to be soldered directly to the cables. When new Flare cables are purchased they come with new drivers attached!

I understood that Flare are planning an alternate cable for smartphones (at some future point). Surely you'll be able to purchase this without having to buy new drivers..?

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,103 of 3,098
Jul 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #1,105 of 3,098
Ok I have a question: How does one identify if the set you have is the R2A aluminum, R2S steel or R2PRO titanium?
There is no indication and the steel and titanium on the kickstarter page look IDENTICAL.

And I felt my R2PROs have pretty piercing highs, quite different from what people say about them being laid back.
And I love my treble, so im usually tolerant of shrill highs.

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,106 of 3,098
  I understood that Flare are planning an alternate cable for smartphones (at some future point). Surely you'll be able to purchase this without having to buy new drivers..?

replacement cables will include new drivers as they are attached as a unit for easy replacement.

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,107 of 3,098
Even when wearing them over-the-ear?

Anyone know where there's some good, very small bore, heat shrink material? If I grasp the cables near the drivers, friction noises further downstream don't propagate. That makes me think that if I can apply some good heat shrink to bind/stiffen the cables up near the ear pieces most of the noise problems would disappear.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,108 of 3,098
Ok I have a question: How does one identify if the set you have is the R2A aluminum, R2S steel or R2PRO titanium?

There is no indication and the steel and titanium on the kickstarter page look IDENTICAL.

And I felt my R2PROs have pretty piercing highs, quite different from what people say about them being laid back.

And I love my treble, so im usually tolerant of shrill highs.

What tips do you use?

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,109 of 3,098
Anyone know where there's some good, very small bore, heat shrink material? If I grasp the cables near the drivers, friction noises further downstream don't propagate. That makes me think that if I can apply some good heat shrink to bind/stiffen the cables up near the ear pieces most of the noise problems would disappear.

No it wont work that happens because your fingers absorb the vibrations and transmit them away. Similar to how a shirt clip transmits vibrations away to the shirt. Even if it had a steel tubing there you would still have microphonics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back