Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 5, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,006 of 3,098
Just purchased and downloading Dr Chesky`s Ultimate headphone disc in anticipation of the Flares but also for comparison to my SD3`s. If I feel kind enough I could host a few tracks on my site for streaming.

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,007 of 3,098
As feared, stuck in Customs.

Now the waiting begins...

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #1,008 of 3,098
Not stuck in custom but my R2Pro got surcharge of around $80 (UPS asks around $15 for their "handling" fee lol). Flare also didn't input my address correctly on the UPS software and the package didn't have my address printed on it so the delivery failed today, and I had to call my local UPS branch to correct it. It'll be delivered tomorrow.

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,009 of 3,098
  Not stuck in custom but my R2Pro got surcharge of around $80 (UPS asks around $15 for their "handling" fee lol). Flare also didn't input my address correctly on the UPS software and the package didn't have my address printed on it so the delivery failed today, and I had to call my local UPS branch to correct it. It'll be delivered tomorrow.

Ouch man that blows, hopefully you get that sorted out and that you enjoy the R2Pros. Hopefully they are worth it in the end

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,010 of 3,098

Ouch man that blows, hopefully you get that sorted out and that you enjoy the R2Pros. Hopefully they are worth it in the end

Yeah, hopefully it's all worth it. I knew the risk of importing goods in this country (unless it came from China, although that'd implicate entirely different risk lol) so I had prepared for the additional charges. It's still cheaper than if I haven't bought it with KS' price in the end.

I'll be happy if it at least matches other IEM with the same price as the total cost of the KS' price ($400), since every other parameters are pretty much perfect in my eyes (stupid small, single dynamic driver, future replaceable cable option, easy and relatively cheap break-proof mechanism).

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,012 of 3,098

Yeah, hopefully it's all worth it. I knew the risk of importing goods in this country (unless it came from China, although that'd implicate entirely different risk lol) so I had prepared for the additional charges. It's still cheaper than if I haven't bought it with KS' price in the end.

I'll be happy if it at least matches other IEM with the same price as the total cost of the KS' price ($400), since every other parameters are pretty much perfect in my eyes (stupid small, single dynamic driver, future replaceable cable option, easy and relatively cheap break-proof mechanism).

Thats the spirit :)  I was bitching last week about people in Canada getting dinged with import charges but then looking at the bigger picture I still saved a ton of money so its one of those things that won't spoil the overall experience for me. For the price I paid for it, as long as it performs well thats all I can ask for at this point. Anything else beyond that would be a bonus la.

The replaceable cable and drivers are definitely worth it and I am curious to see what additional options they are going to offer down the line.

Also, I am somehwat into video game music and the first song I am going to be testing with the R2A is going to be One Winged Angel (orchestral arrangement). Hopefully I get the tracking number soon but I have other toys to keep busy in the meanwhile. I received my new replacement Sony XBA Z5 from sony and I still haven't upacked it yet, because I am waiting to see how the R2A turns out and based on that will either hold on to or sell the Z5.

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #1,013 of 3,098
  I live in Toronto, Canada.  I haven't gotten them yet but I got an email notice from UPS and looks like I'll be hit with a $62 tax and duties fee. I really dislike UPS.

crap that means I am gonna have to pay a similar amount :frowning2:  Can I ask which perk did u get? You get charged differently depending on how much the KS price was right?

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,015 of 3,098

Thats the spirit :)  I was bitching last week about people in Canada getting dinged with import charges but then looking at the bigger picture I still saved a ton of money so its one of those things that won't spoil the overall experience for me. For the price I paid for it, as long as it performs well thats all I can ask for at this point. Anything else beyond that would be a bonus la.

The replaceable cable and drivers are definitely worth it and I am curious to see what additional options they are going to offer down the line.

Also, I am somehwat into video game music and the first song I am going to be testing with the R2A is going to be One Winged Angel (orchestral arrangement). Hopefully I get the tracking number soon but I have other toys to keep busy in the meanwhile. I received my new replacement Sony XBA Z5 from sony and I still haven't upacked it yet, because I am waiting to see how the R2A turns out and based on that will either hold on to or sell the Z5.

I think I might feedback to a new cable company for analog fibre optic for iems over the next few months, it will get perfected.

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,016 of 3,098

I don't know how UPS comes up with the tax and duties amount but I got the early backer R2PRO.

ah okay, that puts it into perspective as 62 bux on a 150 dollar item wouldn't make sense but for the price of the R2Pro, I suppose it makes a bit more sense, but its not ideal regardless. They also add a handling fee IIRC. But yeah how are you liking your R2Pro?

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,017 of 3,098

Mine is going to be ar tonelico's OST, which is kind of hard to get right. Oh are you getting VE Nirvana?
wink.gif

I think I might feedback to a new cable company for analog fibre optic for iems over the next few months, it will get perfected.

I know you jest, but optic cable can't send analog signal. You'd want carbon nanotube cable.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #1,018 of 3,098

Mine is going to be ar tonelico's OST, which is kind of hard to get right. Oh are you getting VE Nirvana?
wink.gif

I know you jest, but optic cable can't send analog signal. You'd want carbon nanotube cable.
tongue.gif

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/790  are those the ones? Maybe you might be able to snag one there..

Also, I think the VE Nirvana is going to be worked on a bit longer, they are also releasing a micro driver iem called the Duke so I am gonna get that as well and see how well it compares to the R2A. Its coming out soon as well.

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,019 of 3,098

wink.gif

tongue.gif

Another one in UK, they are focus on guitar lead and that's dirt cheap, maybe you guys should express an interest for headphone or iem, they might consider if there are demand, that the dream for IT and network guys who wanted this for a long time.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536327222/lightleadtm-world-1st-analogue-optical-audio-cable/comments

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,020 of 3,098

Also, I think the VE Nirvana is going to be worked on a bit longer, they are also releasing a micro driver iem called the Duke so I am gonna get that as well and see how well it compares to the R2A. Its coming out soon as well.

Oh, I've seen that too on their Facebook, though it's a bit expensive than I'd be willing to shell out currently (around $200 iirc). Would be nice to hear your comparison with R2A later. :)

Another one in UK, they are focus on guitar lead and that's dirt cheap, maybe you guys should express an interest for headphone or iem, they might consider if there are demand, that the dream for IT and network guys who wanted this for a long time.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536327222/lightleadtm-world-1st-analogue-optical-audio-cable/comments

Interesting, didn't know that! Those end-to-end added bulk seems impossible for IEM use though, it's probably even pushing it for the likes of LCD3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back