Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #980 of 3,098
I've worn mine both ways. However when going over ear, the cable is a little short to reach to my pocket, when used as in-ears on stage. So in that case I go cable down.

Fwiw demo units didn't have the splitter thing. Just a basic y. They're suppose to send one for my pros. But if they're that big, I may leave it off. And I'm sure there will be a way to take it off.

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #981 of 3,098
It's strange that the splitter is used to mark left and right - presumably if you remove the splitter then you will need to use some tape or other way to identify which earpiece is which?

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #982 of 3,098
Take a razor blade and cut off the wire from the left earpiece. That should do it.

And yes, I also do not like that y splitter..

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #983 of 3,098
I've worn mine both ways. However when going over ear, the cable is a little short to reach to my pocket, when used as in-ears on stage. So in that case I go cable down.

Fwiw demo units didn't have the splitter thing. Just a basic y. They're suppose to send one for my pros. But if they're that big, I may leave it off. And I'm sure there will be a way to take it off.

Thanks for that bit of info. If there is an easy way to take them off, I will consider taking them for the sake of comfort.

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #984 of 3,098
Besides the splitter being marked for left and right, I am fairly certain Davies said there was a bump on the left unit. It is to aid the visually impaired, and allow proper channel id and fitting in low or no light. Mine arrive monday. Seems so long off.

Jul 4, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #985 of 3,098
Besides the splitter being marked for left and right, I am fairly certain Davies said there was a bump on the left unit. It is to aid the visually impaired, and allow proper channel id and fitting in low or no light. Mine arrive monday. Seems so long off.

Only 2 days mate. I have already prompted my neighbour :)

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #987 of 3,098
Got my shipping notice. Anyone in Asia received them yet?

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #990 of 3,098
Just received my R2PROs (I'm in Germany). Straight out of the box into my ears with medium tips and AK100 Mk2 as source. Very first impressions. The heavy and big Y splitter is something strange I haven't experienced before in IEM world. To be honest I really don't get its purpose. Bass is mighty, I would say sometimes overpowering with bass heavy electronica. Highs are smooth and never sibilant. Mids are clear but not the most detailed. The sound is big, if I can say so, like produced by full size cans. The sound signature somehow reminds me of Ultrasone Signature Pro headphones, except that Sig Pros' bass is tighter and overall better organized. Yes, I would call them bass heavy IEMs with a light midbass hump to give music a flesh. Maybe I have received R2A as the only references are Flare Audio logo and letters L and R on the splitter. Let's see if running in will bring some changes.

I love how the first impression is of the Y-splitter. Maybe it's meant to be large and obtrusive to increase the sense of subtlety of the earpieces. Contrast and all

Also, what is the general sound signature of your AK100? Too many iterations, I've lost trace of which sounds like what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back