Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 30, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #871 of 3,098
Well, if their estimates are on point, they should have everything shipped out in a little over a week, which is really, really good. And would be up there with EarWerkz in terms of how to run a campaign. Aurisonics had an excellent product with Rockets, but the road to success was long and fraught with frustration. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #872 of 3,098
Yeah, I can understand that, although I think as long as a KS project meet its deadline, it's good in my eyes. This kind of campaign feels more like a group buy/mass drop rather than a "kickstart". Not that I'm complaining, but maybe they could cooperate with a more suitable service the next time they do it again (if). :wink:

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #873 of 3,098
Yeah, I can understand that, although I think as long as a KS project meet its deadline, it's good in my eyes. This kind of campaign feels more like a group buy/mass drop rather than a "kickstart". Not that I'm complaining, but maybe they could cooperate with a more suitable service the next time they do it again (if). :wink:

Depends on where you are as to what is the best service. I much prefer ups in my neck of the woods. USPS kept my demo pair in Chicago for almost a week before they finally made it to me. UPS shouldn't take that long, I wouldn't think.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #874 of 3,098
Depends on where you are as to what is the best service. I much prefer ups in my neck of the woods. USPS kept my demo pair in Chicago for almost a week before they finally made it to me. UPS shouldn't take that long, I wouldn't think.

I mean the platform they're using to raise funds. If they're already in pre-production, then something like massdrop or at least a service that doesn't withhold the raised funds for three weeks is probably better. Would have loved if it can use paypal like indiegogo or massdrop too.

Just a musing if they ever going to do R3 like this again. :p

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #875 of 3,098

I mean the platform they're using to raise funds. If they're already in pre-production, then something like massdrop or at least a service that doesn't withhold the raised funds for three weeks is probably better. Would have loved if it can use paypal like indiegogo or massdrop too.

MAssdrop takes awhile to deliver their drops, no? 

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #876 of 3,098
I think it depends on the manufacturer since some are faster than the others from what I've seen. Anyway, still no tracking number yet for me, I'm going to receive mine very late at this rate since past certain date, the whole country is going to be very very busy here (literally). Oh well.

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #877 of 3,098
What confuses me is that from a very early stage they indicated that they would send the earlybird backers their kit in June, and further indicated that even if the kickstarter failed, they'd honour the placed orders (apologies if I've gotten this wrong).

So it still confuses me why there is a late shipment - as this would have no bearing on when kickstarter paid them. They'd still know exactly how many sets they were expecting to ship out in June to the early backers.

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #878 of 3,098
What confuses me is that from a very early stage they indicated that they would send the earlybird backers their kit in June, and further indicated that even if the kickstarter failed, they'd honour the placed orders (apologies if I've gotten this wrong).

So it still confuses me why there is a late shipment - as this would have no bearing on when kickstarter paid them. They'd still know exactly how many sets they were expecting to ship out in June to the early backers.

Yeh something must've went wrong and they are not talking about it. Let's just hope everything goes smooth now. Hopefully we'll all have them sent to us by the end of the week. And let's hope they are as good as everyone wants them to be. And fingers crossed that their quality control does a good job.

When everyone has them and they are good those hiccups will be forgotten :wink:

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #879 of 3,098
Last Location:
Stansted, United Kingdom, Tuesday, 06/30/2015

Does ship from the UK - and contrary to what I thought - is high priority shipping (approx. 3 days Canada ( Wonder if Canada Day will effect this)).

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #880 of 3,098

Hi guys,

Just would like to let you know that one of the reasons the shipment was delayed was because the final piece on the iem, the cuffs (the puece of metal at the y split) was not delivered on time and in fact delivered 10 days late. This put a huge hole in the plan for them and my knowledge is that the cuffs were only just received by them not long ago and the shipments were promptly made. In fact, the R2As that I collected from them personally were cuffless as well. I wull be getting the cuffs from them slightly later.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #881 of 3,098
@WCDchee - I'm curious, now that you've had more time with the R2Pro, how does it compare to the Dita in terms of soundstage dimensions and imaging? I recall 24 bit stating that the R2s had a huge soundstage the likes of which he'd never heard before. I think some other reviewers mentioned that the R2s had amazingly precise feeling imaging as well. Any truth to that?

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #882 of 3,098
Hi all, I've calmed down now as UPS have delivered my shiny R2As. It's the Mrs birthday tomorrow so apparently I am banned from opening any presents before she does, but I am digging the black packet and shiny Flare sticker to seal it, very nice touch.

I'll put a few glasses of wine though her later and give them a bit of an investigate. (and the R2As!)

Jim.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #883 of 3,098
  @WCDchee - I'm curious, now that you've had more time with the R2Pro, how does it compare to the Dita in terms of soundstage dimensions and imaging? I recall 24 bit stating that the R2s had a huge soundstage the likes of which he'd never heard before. I think some other reviewers mentioned that the R2s had amazingly precise feeling imaging as well. Any truth to that?

Would love to know how R2PRO compare to the industry standard iem Etymotic er4 as some of the owners are still amuse for more than 10 years.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #884 of 3,098
@WCDchee
 - I'm curious, now that you've had more time with the R2Pro, how does it compare to the Dita in terms of soundstage dimensions and imaging? I recall 24 bit stating that the R2s had a huge soundstage the likes of which he'd never heard before. I think some other reviewers mentioned that the R2s had amazingly precise feeling imaging as well. Any truth to that?

They definitely do well in the ataging department, but i dont find them to have such immense staging yhat i have never heard the likes of before. I have definitely heard larger.

Compared to the ditas, i think they have a similar stage size, with good imaging precision. However, as someone previously mentioned, the stage seems to get congested with very complicated tracks, it still resolves well and the overall size is large, its just that the voices and instruments somehow come together.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #885 of 3,098
Tell you what WCDchee you certainly are not raving about these.

Edit: You picked yours up in London but you sell gear in dollars. Was that a coincidence meeting on holiday? Where are you based?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back