Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 29, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #856 of 3,098
Well wail im typin this I gotta say I got the biggest grin on my face, just got confirmation that my new set of biomechanical ears is in the process of making its way in too my sweaty clinching hands tomorrow 3o-o6-15.. finally I can stop trippin my girl told her the first week of arrival I would probably walk around with a mic and only hear life (her) through recordings...

But the thought that it didn't come from the uk I did not have but could be that since I see good customer service from flare the first shipment would go to the far corners of the globe cus of logical distance befor us closer to the island.. but who knows I live in Denmark by the way

Stay in your seats if you havent got the mail yet try stop hitting refresh on your browser, stand up walk outside and just listen to the birds playful song and yell Its just not good enough then run inside smash that f5 button and se the awesomeness of a mail saying yadayada!!UPS!!blablabla it worked for me

Jun 29, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #857 of 3,098
  So as we see, they are shipping in backwards order. Latest backers get their rewards first. Nice, just nice.

well, the recency of order shouldn't matter imo, as someone who is the 10th pledger vs someone whose 700 are both the same imo, they are probably shipping out in groups to same areas, in batches. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #858 of 3,098
The "super early backer" rewards and the "early backer" rewards (or whatever they were called) were scheduled for June delivery.

As they got sold and they added new rewards for late backers, those late added rewards were scheduled for July delivery.

So the plan by Flare was to send out the early backer rewards first and the later additional ones last.. That still could be the case if those above managed to squeeze on to the early backer rewards before they ran out..

Anyway I'm a little disappointed because I'm going away so won't get to listen to them for another two weeks now :frowning2: The kickstarter fund delay wiped out hopes of taking them with me.

Jun 29, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #859 of 3,098
People have picked up theirs from Flare on the south coast of England in person. I'm sure it stated on the kickstarter that the units were being machined down the road from them (I know that is true, just can't remember if it was stated on the kickstarter or not).

So everything is definately coming from the UK! They've also talked about their staff putting them together by hand and the kickstarter video shows the R1s being assembled in their place near Brighton. Their "warehouse" and "factory" are all one and the same place - it's only a small company.

Jun 29, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #860 of 3,098
  The "super early backer" rewards and the "early backer" rewards (or whatever they were called) were scheduled for June delivery.

As they got sold and they added new rewards for late backers, those late added rewards were scheduled for July delivery.

So the plan by Flare was to send out the early backer rewards first and the later additional ones last.. That still could be the case if those above managed to squeeze on to the early backer rewards before they ran out..

Anyway I'm a little disappointed because I'm going away so won't get to listen to them for another two weeks now :frowning2: The kickstarter fund delay wiped out hopes of taking them with me.

I got the 79 pound perk so that was the super early version. I hope to get them this week hopefully :)

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #865 of 3,098
So close but yet so far!

I got my tracking number through today (R2A only) and it was scheduled by UPS for delivery by end of day today. I just called UPS customer service and the guy said no its due for delivery tomorrow. I told him the the automated robot said today and that its scheduled for today, but he thought I was thick and try explaining that its tomorrow. I told him lets hope that it is tomorrow, as I wasn't buying his **** and bull story whatsoever. 

If they don't come tomorrow I am going to change their name to Underperforming Service and suggest they get their act together. 

Rant over. 

Jim

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #866 of 3,098
I recommend a warm shower and listening to some The Goat Rodeo Sessions :)

https://itun.es/us/ZVMLB

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #867 of 3,098
So close but yet so far!

I got my tracking number through today (R2A only) and it was scheduled by UPS for delivery by end of day today. I just called UPS customer service and the guy said no its due for delivery tomorrow. I told him the the automated robot said today and that its scheduled for today, but he thought I was thick and try explaining that its tomorrow. I told him lets hope that it is tomorrow, as I wasn't buying his **** and bull story whatsoever. 

If they don't come tomorrow I am going to change their name to Underperforming Service and suggest they get their act together. 

Rant over. 

Jim

I always used to wonder why anyone would name a courier company Oops. But after experiencing them over the years...

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #868 of 3,098
In case you missed it. From kickstarter comments:

"We are working like crazy to get everyone's reward out as fast as we can (everyone of our team is on it). The Kickstarter curve ball of the unexpected 14 working day wait for funds really put us on the back foot screwing up our production schedules. Once we became aware mid campaign we took action to start R2 assembly so that we could try to gain back some ground for the June rewards.

Each R2 is assembled by hand and has 3 checks including a reference bench test to ensure each and every one is perfect. It's really important to us that we don't skimp on any assembly or test procedure as the last thing we want is any Flare product not being totally perfect.

We processed and shipped 200 R2's in the last 2 days, from tomorrow we hope to hit 200 per day as we have added resources to speed up.

We are so excited by everyone's anticipation, thus I thought I should take this opportunity to explain.

It won't be long now until everyone has received their rewards and we are just as excited to hear your views as you are to hear them.

Thanks for your's and everyone else's patience,

Davies"

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #869 of 3,098
Good answer from Davies/Flare. 200/day is a very good number if not an overly optimistic figure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back