Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 27, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #811 of 3,098
Yeah if 24 bit is on the money, the Pro really doesn't sound like it's all that similar to the R2A at all

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #812 of 3,098
To be honest i dont think the differences are as minute as some reviews make them out to be. I mean they arent twice asghood thats for sure, but at the prices i dont see the improvements as being overpriced.

did u have a chance to listen to the R2A as well? How much of a difference did you hear when trying them out? :)

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #813 of 3,098
Ive heard all the models, and as of now i have the pros and a couple of r2a's on hand. They are as most reviews point out, slightly kore spacious sounding, but less detailed and refined. The midrange can be a tad hollow compared the r2pros and the highs are peakier and less refined.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #814 of 3,098
Ive heard all the models, and as of now i have the pros and a couple of r2a's on hand. They are as most reviews point out, slightly kore spacious sounding, but less detailed and refined. The midrange can be a tad hollow compared the r2pros and the highs are peakier and less refined.

Lucky :) Thanks for the comparison.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #817 of 3,098
R2A can be a bit hollow in the mids and a bit peaky then?
Tamed my excitement somewhat...

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #818 of 3,098
To be honest i dont think the differences aren't as minute as some reviews make them out to be. I mean they arent twice asghood thats for sure, but at the prices i dont see the improvements as being overpriced.

Are we talking kickstarter price gap or standard retail price gap?

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #820 of 3,098
R2A can be a bit hollow in the mids and a bit peaky then?
Tamed my excitement somewhat...

Bear in mind that this is with silicone tips. Things are a bit different with complys :)

Are we talking kickstarter price gap or standard retail price gap?

To be fair i think both iems are competitive at their retail price :)

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #822 of 3,098

How is female vocals on the R2A? And to lesser extent.. R2Pro...?

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #825 of 3,098
As a student, dropping 200 quid on the R2PRO seemed like too big of a gamble for something I'm not able to audition myself before purchasing. The 79 quid for the R2A was the limit of my comfort zone for such purchases. While Flare's explanation of the differences between the R2 models may seem theoretically sound, whether the improvements are audible and / or significant to our individual ears in reality is another question. That being said, I hope everyone will be genuinely impressed by whatever R2 model(s) they've purchased. It won't be long now for those of us, especially in the UK. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back