Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #797 of 3,098
Watching 24 bit`s video (yes quiet compared to link posted above) and he is convincing. I am sitting here thinking if he is true to his word then we are in for an absolute steal (R2A`s).

Jun 27, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #798 of 3,098
Last Post by Flare was 2 days ago. Did they take the money and ran?
biggrin.gif

Christmas come too early, they are busy packaging and sending out inventory and it's weekend now, give them a break. Hohoho.

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #802 of 3,098
As you move from R2A to R2S then R2PRO you notice increased sound detail. It's very similar to listening to slightly compressed music files then listening to un-compressed. This is a direct result of the spring of the material absorbing tiny amounts of energy as it gets less ridged. Titanium material coupled with the pressure vessel design means that R2PRO has the least spring effect possible, thus it has the highest possible amount of sound information.

How much of a difference do you guys think this actually makes? Am I to understand the only sonic difference across the models is improved detail? Because that review I watched suggested otherwise. Will there be a model using adamantium or vibranium? :tongue:

I almost just pre-ordered one but the Dunu 2000j isn't much pricier in US dollars. And that's supposed to be at eye-level(or better) than the AKG k3003.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #807 of 3,098
Is there no evil that this man will not stoop to?

his video review was good, and made me excited about the R2A again. And also sad, that i didn't opt for the R2pro :frowning2: 

Again, if anyone wants to part with their R2Pro at KS price, drop me a pm, or if u want to trade for something like the sony xba z5. Again, just a thought, but if R2A is really good, I want the R2 Pro

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #808 of 3,098
How much of a difference do you guys think this actually makes? Am I to understand the only sonic difference across the models is improved detail? Because that review I watched suggested otherwise. Will there be a model using adamantium or vibranium?
tongue.gif

I almost just pre-ordered one but the Dunu 2000j isn't much pricier in US dollars. And that's supposed to be at eye-level(or better) than the AKG k3003.

I subbed to ur GTS100 thread, am excited to have a listen to those. But yeah, seems like the R2Pro is more neutral and not coloured, and more natural. But the R2Pro was 380 canadian vs 150 canadian for the R2A and there weren't good enough reviews to sway me towards the Pro. It was more than twice the cost of the R2A as well. 

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #809 of 3,098

I subbed to ur GTS100 thread, am excited to have a listen to those. But yeah, seems like the R2Pro is more neutral and not coloured, and more natural. But the R2Pro was 380 canadian vs 150 canadian for the R2A and there weren't good enough reviews to sway me towards the Pro. It was more than twice the cost of the R2A as well. 

it's funny really, how everybody already assumes and accepts that the Pro will only be an incremental improvement but also how there's that sense of security knowing you're getting that little bit better. I don't know if it's like pride from being able to hear that it's better or like a sense of security. I can go on about this but I'm sure most of us understand the feeling. It's just odd.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #810 of 3,098
it's funny really, how everybody already assumes and accepts that the Pro will only be an incremental improvement but also how there's that sense of security knowing you're getting that little bit better. I don't know if it's like pride from being able to hear that it's better or like a sense of security. I can go on about this but I'm sure most of us understand the feeling. It's just odd.

To be honest i dont think the differences aren't as minute as some reviews make them out to be. I mean they arent twice asghood thats for sure, but at the prices i dont see the improvements as being overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back