Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #485 of 3,098
You are having fun while this earphones became 20% costier since I originally backed them. Russian economy like no economy at all. I originally backed 6000 Rub and now bank will probably charge me 7200 and that's today's value! :) They will charge me in 2 more days I guess and they insist that payment is done in 3 days. Considering this 20 % grow occured in 1 week, I believe this babies can grow 50 % price increase for me :)
If somehow I am charged in only 14 days I might as well pay the full retail price in Russian currency:))

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #486 of 3,098
Send me the money and I will upgrade my pledge.
#iaintaswellheeledassomeofyou

Ha! I seriously bet that you earn more money than I do. You probably don't realise how little I earn..  But how much someone is willing to spend on head-fi type items is a just a matter of what you do with your money and what you prioritise, of course barring any unfortunate situations anyone might have been thrown into! 

My last head-fi relevent purchase, my Shure se530s, was 4 or 5 years ago at a little less than the R2Pros. It basically works out at £40 per year if you were to say that a pair only lasts you a 5 years for the sake of making a numerical point. £40 is what many people in London spend on a single night drinking their sorrows away and I don't drink pretty much because I don't wish to afford to. Some people on low wages spend that much a month on phone contracts just so they can have the latest in smartphones (I bought mine secondhand and am on PAYG).

Just an example of how choosing to spend £200 on a £400 MRSP pair of earphones is not that much to do with how "well heeled" you might be. And to be honest, I'm going to borrow some anyway to pay my rent on time because I've forgotten to invoice recently - but the £20 extra that loan will cost is worth it to be able to afford the R2Pros before they hit £400 and therefore end up costing me much more by not taking that opportunity now. And by buying the R2A + Pro package, I have the option of selling the R2As for £100 perhaps to people who missed the Kickstarter, should I need some of the money back quick..

Besides, you missed the point of my original post that even thinking about portable audio is a first world problem, that includes your interest in it too.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #489 of 3,098
  You are having fun while this earphones became 20% costier since I originally backed them. Russian economy like no economy at all. I originally backed 6000 Rub and now bank will probably charge me 7200 and that's today's value! :) They will charge me in 2 more days I guess and they insist that payment is done in 3 days. Considering this 20 % grow occured in 1 week, I believe this babies can grow 50 % price increase for me :)
If somehow I am charged in only 14 days I might as well pay the full retail price in Russian currency:))

Boo.  I send you my sympathies! That's one hell of a currency move. Perhaps one day Kickstarter will take bitcoin and we can move our money into that at a stable price (Bitcoin stable??) at the moment that's best.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #493 of 3,098

cool.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #494 of 3,098
Ha! I seriously bet that you earn more money than I do. You probably don't realise how little I earn..  But how much someone is willing to spend on head-fi type items is a just a matter of what you do with your money and what you prioritise, of course barring any unfortunate situations anyone might have been thrown into! 

My last head-fi relevent purchase, my Shure se530s, was 4 or 5 years ago at a little less than the R2Pros. It basically works out at £40 per year if you were to say that a pair only lasts you a 5 years for the sake of making a numerical point. £40 is what many people in London spend on a single night drinking their sorrows away and I don't drink pretty much because I don't wish to afford to. Some people on low wages spend that much a month on phone contracts just so they can have the latest in smartphones (I bought mine secondhand and am on PAYG).

Just an example of how choosing to spend £200 on a £400 MRSP pair of earphones is not that much to do with how "well heeled" you might be. And to be honest, I'm going to borrow some anyway to pay my rent on time because I've forgotten to invoice recently - but the £20 extra that loan will cost is worth it to be able to afford the R2Pros before they hit £400 and therefore end up costing me much more by not taking that opportunity now. And by buying the R2A + Pro package, I have the option of selling the R2As for £100 perhaps to people who missed the Kickstarter, should I need some of the money back quick..

Besides, you missed the point of my original post that even thinking about portable audio is a first world problem, that includes your interest in it too.

Ouch. I feel your pain. Thanks for sharing - sorry, I didn't mean it seriously, and I hope you manage to scrape through OK. I most likely do earn a lot more than you by the sounds of it, but living in Central London and with a fiancee who is on a low wage who I have to subsidise, it seems to go quicker than it comes, if you catch my drift?

are you in London too?

And like you say, makes you realise what matters in life. What's that saying again? "Music can get you through times of no money, but money can't get you through times of no music"....

Actually I think that was originally about pot, not music, but hey :)

Bring on the R2s - our drug of choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back