Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #363 of 3,098
  All this talk about the R2PRO has made me unable to sleep! Can't wait to collect it tomorrow and compare with the Aurisonics ASG1-Plus, my current obsession. 

Love to get some impressions as I don't have my ASG1-Plus anymore from memory more mid bass, lusher vocals and a little less detailing there is something that is just so clear about the R2's.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #365 of 3,098

By golly, you sold the ASG-1Plus? What did you not like about them? Do you prefer the R2PRO to them from memory?

Yes with great regret really liked them :frowning2:. Hum it is so hard when questions like this come up yes and no for different reasons. The R2Pro would easily be my go to iem just for reference clarity and unbelievable comfort. Now on the other hand the 1Plus still has a fun factor that is hard to ignore as I mentioned in my review of it has a naughty bass line that has you wanting to shake your ass and bob your head.

Seriously love both but the R2Pro are clearly the more mature earphone just taking everything a bit more in its stride whilst never losing musicality at the expense of trying to be audiophile friendly. Hope that makes sense.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #366 of 3,098
I am praying these will have the smoothness of  Klipsch X10`s but with more guts and a  soundstage.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #368 of 3,098
  Yes with great regret really liked them :frowning2:. Hum it is so hard when questions like this come up yes and no for different reasons. The R2Pro would easily be my go to iem just for reference clarity and unbelievable comfort. Now on the other hand the 1Plus still has a fun factor that is hard to ignore as I mentioned in my review of it has a naughty bass line that has you wanting to shake your ass and bob your head.

Seriously love both but the R2Pro are clearly the more mature earphone just taking everything a bit more in its stride whilst never losing musicality at the expense of trying to be audiophile friendly. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah, it does make sense. Thanks!

What I infer from it is that both are great in their own rights. 
etysmile.gif

Also I wanna dedicate a song for your loss; for letting ASG-1Plus go. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #369 of 3,098
  Oh my you are in for a treat I daren't say more lol. 

I bought those things twice because I thought they were nearly brilliant but fell at the last hurdle. The size was also incredible hence my comparison with those.

Man... I do love a dynamic and haven`t been there in eons.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #370 of 3,098
I, for one, am inferring (read: hoping) that the reason we haven't gotten many tangible impressions on sound signature and the like is because the earphones are so clear that the point becomes moot. As ljokerl once said (in his review of the JH13 Pro): "I do believe that the best Hi-Fi component is one that does its job so well, you don’t even know it’s there...simply [fading] away, leaving only the music." That's what I kinda read into all this.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #371 of 3,098
  Yeah, it does make sense. Thanks!

What I infer from it is that both are great in their own rights. 
etysmile.gif

Also I wanna dedicate a song for your loss; for letting ASG-1Plus go. 

Ha :frowning2: tear trickles down face lol. Thanks who knows maybe one day I'll reinvest but for now I am satisfied which is almost unbelievable when you got upgradeitous. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #374 of 3,098
  I bought those things twice because I thought they were nearly brilliant but fell at the last hurdle. The size was also incredible hence my comparison with those.

Man... I do love a dynamic and haven`t been there in eons.

Hum I haven't heard them in years but I never got on with the fit until I shoved some Shure olive tips on. Did like the sound overall from what I can remember but the R2Pro are certainly a step up and gosh oh so comfy.

It's refreshing hear such a well implemented single dynamic driver after living in what I can only describe as Hybrid City lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back