Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #347 of 3,098
  If it helps......i'll have R2A in my ears tomorrow.

Regards Phil

Yes I am very much looking forward to your thoughts on it. There aren't all that many solid impressions so I am sure everyone would really appreciate it! :)  have you managed to keep the R2pros out of your ears yet? :p  I have a feeling I will be keeping the R2As in all day

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #349 of 3,098
  Easily one of the most uninformative and poorly written reviews I've ever set eyes on.

Flare might want to choose their reviewers with a little more care in the future.

I agree. Every R2 review I have come across outside of head-fi, on various sites and blogs as well as youtube, have spent more time about the build quality and packaging than on the sound impressions! My link was to highlight how poorly flare audio has chosen reviewers. I had posted about flare audio in other threads but the lack of quality reviews has been giving people cause for concern. I get that they are trying to get word out to the masses, but pandering to us headphone nuts would have paid off more imo. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #350 of 3,098
That was the first thing I saw after finding about the Kickstarter. They state that they don't give any samples back, strict policy.. Next review some nappies or something. Hence thinking somebody should be able to get a free pair somewhere with a half-arsed review!

Kind of off-putting to me that some appear to be putting up so called half arsed "reviews" just to score one of those units. Would be better off to hand it out to the likes of Tyll or Joker or head-fi established members. In light of these things I have lowered my expectations and remain cautiously optimistic, but I am still excited about the R2A don't get me wrong. Just brought my hype down back to earth a bit thats all. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #351 of 3,098
Phew glad you said outside of Head fi lol. If I can help in anyway guys let me know. I believe once people have these in their ears there they will stay. If I had more spare time I'm sure I wouldn't stop listening. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #352 of 3,098
  Phew glad you said outside of Head fi lol. If I can help in anyway guys let me know. I believe once people have these in their ears there they will stay. If I had more spare time I'm sure I wouldn't stop listening. 

Please would love more impressions :) Anything that you feel we should know? What stands out to you? 

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #353 of 3,098

Wouldn't the variable costs and fixed costs be included in the component part costs they're associated with? Perhaps there's some assembly cost missing. 

In any case, I can't imagine Flare having a business model where you could get there top of the line IEM for cheaper by buying the lower end model and upgrading yourself.

Wishful thinking I suppose :p Ah well, regardless it bodes well for long term durability and alleviating potential breakage concerns.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #354 of 3,098

Kind of off-putting to me that some appear to be putting up so called half arsed "reviews" just to score one of those units. Would be better off to hand it out to the likes of Tyll or Joker or head-fi established members. In light of these things I have lowered my expectations and remain cautiously optimistic, but I am still excited about the R2A don't get me wrong. Just brought my hype down back to earth a bit thats all. 

This is one angsty post! 

I'm getting a pair of R2PRO soon enough as well. I will make sure the review is ALL about sound impressions to compensate them other reviews for you aites? 
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #355 of 3,098

This is one angsty post! 

I'm getting a pair of R2PRO soon enough as well. I will make sure the review is ALL about sound impressions to compensate them other reviews for you aites? 
wink.gif

nah not angsty at all, just stating what I saw :p  Thank you that would be awesome :p I was looking for other reviews online and the ones I were coming across was as I have detailed in my earlier posts. I just find it a bit unusual thats all :)  Didn't mean to give off an aggressive vive, I can get a bit wordy sometimes :wink:

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #357 of 3,098
Well few bits I've thought about not put in the review is more regarding concerns. Like straight end plugs but knowing some people will go to yank it out and without a significant strain relief end up breaking it, similar concerns for the earpiece design although Flare have addressed this by saying how much the durability has been tested.

Concerning the sound these are a very easy to love earphone. They honestly strike such a nice balance between typical audiophile presentation and musicality. I don't want to hype this earphone up too much but its something special for sure! It might not grab everyone the same way but I'm pretty sure this is not going to be a disappointment for anyone who has backed the project.

Things to take note of will be it's spacious and detailed sound, mingled with this uncannily clear mid range which really adds a sense of emotion to good vocal recordings. I love how much these scale up it's not quite night and day but going from the iPhone to my Laptop rig is just like a breath of fresh air. Seriously any itching questions i'll do my best to answer I know all too much the curiosity that builds when hearsay and rumours are flying. Next thing I'm waiting to hear for myself will be Trinity audio's Delta but patients is a virtue after all.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #358 of 3,098
Yes I am very much looking forward to your thoughts on it. There aren't all that many solid impressions so I am sure everyone would really appreciate it! :)  have you managed to keep the R2pros out of your ears yet? :p  I have a feeling I will be keeping the R2As in all day
No they came home with me AGAIN tonight.....turning into a bit of an addiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back