Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
Sep 5, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #46 of 544
I should clarify. I've read lots of people talk about "out of the head" staging, which I never really understood what they mean to say, unless it is that the stage feels bigger than could fit in the physical space of their head. I'm not so impressed with a super-wide stage. What I'm talking about with 3D walk-through, is the idea that the depth of the soundstage is easily as important as the width and height, and all three should be integrated well enough that it feels as if each instrument projects sound in 3D (not 2D) space and you feel as if you could walk up to, around, and even behind each instrument as if it was physically right there in front of you.

BTW: the effect is increased when I run the laptop off of battery only, not to mention Fidelizer, Wifi antenna off, and PCB earthed.

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #47 of 544
Hi everyone, first post on Head-Fi. I have been reading a lot about the R2Pro on Head-Fi, especially the kick-starter post. Well I pulled the trigger and got a pair of R2Pro's at half price. They came today and then I discovered this post about the upcoming Flare HD - these things happen time to time. One thing that has me worried is the cable durability of the R2 series as this seems a common complaint. It's always been a bug bear of mine, when I used to buy Sony earphones many, many years ago, the cable failing after a year, no matter how careful I was. Well it got me thinking as I have the Westone UM-3X RC, which I specifically bought for the removable cable - can they not do this for the Flare HD, have removable cable like Shures and Westone? If they have to replace the driver and cable, it means burning in the drivers every time it happens. The other benefit would be less returns to repair.

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #49 of 544
Hi everyone, first post on Head-Fi. I have been reading a lot about the R2Pro on Head-Fi, especially the kick-starter post. Well I pulled the trigger and got a pair of R2Pro's at half price. They came today and then I discovered this post about the upcoming Flare HD - these things happen time to time. One thing that has me worried is the cable durability of the R2 series as this seems a common complaint. It's always been a bug bear of mine, when I used to buy Sony earphones many, many years ago, the cable failing after a year, no matter how careful I was. Well it got me thinking as I have the Westone UM-3X RC, which I specifically bought for the removable cable - can they not do this for the Flare HD, have removable cable like Shures and Westone? If they have to replace the driver and cable, it means burning in the drivers every time it happens. The other benefit would be less returns to repair.

There's no point worrying about the R2 cables - take good care of them and you'll be fine! Use the case the Pros come with. I've had no problems whatsoever.

I wouldn't worry about burn-in either - I experienced none. What I did experience was my brain adjusting, getting used to the sound. No person has commented so far on a replacement cable assembly having burn-in..

The Flare HD Pro will have removable cables but not from the headphone, from a position of the splitter.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #51 of 544
So any exact date yet for the Kickstarter campaign? I want to be there for the early bird reward.

+1 on that.

Paul indicated at Canjam that it would new some time in late September - maybe once the Isolate KS has shipped, maybe? I know they are picking and packing on that one at the moment, but as it hit almost £500k I imagine it might take them a while! :wink:

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #53 of 544
+1 on that.

Paul indicated at Canjam that it would new some time in late September - maybe once the Isolate KS has shipped, maybe? I know they are picking and packing on that one at the moment, but as it hit almost £500k I imagine it might take them a while! :wink:

They posted a pic of the guy picking up the first shipment. He had a van load full of bags. It's was pretty crazy. Don't know if it was the entire KS shipment or just part. But it was a lot of bags.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #54 of 544
Based on c. £450k raised on the Kickstarter, a rough price of £22 per set of earbuds for the cheaper aluminium version and around £45 for the titanium ones, that's looking at between 10,000 to 20,000 sets of earbuds. I think they wil be at it for a few weeks at least! They have run an InDemand on Indiegogo and it's up to around the same amount as well. Nice to see things going so well for a genuinely innovative audio company.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #55 of 544
Keen for an update on these :D Will be my next pair of IEMs. Saving saving!

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #56 of 544
36adf2086dab69e8a9d396e27565ae96.jpg

My Titanium Isolate have arrived! Thanks Flare!

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #58 of 544
So uh, still no news? We're in October now...

My local circle of R2 users are impatiently waiting. :D

It's been awhile since Flare Audio mentioned a window for Kickstarter launch for October. Haven't heard from them for several weeks now, sent a PM yesterday to catch up.

Their Isolate have just been shipped and FA reported to have made a few other prototypes to get the very best in the hand of future backers/buyers. Exceeding expectations.....my kind of @creator :wink:

Have to agree I can't wait either to hear the final version and for Flare Audio to announce this innovative product officially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back