Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
Dec 24, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #91 of 544
I scratched the itch for now with some Noble Savant got half price. Now that's how a stock cable should look and feel like :) Will keep an eye on this thread though as I'm keen to see where Flare is heading and jump on Kickstart  when time comes. Until then the Savants and R2 Pro will keep me entertained.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #92 of 544
I scratched the itch for now with some Noble Savant got half price. Now that's how a stock cable should look and feel like :) Will keep an eye on this thread though as I'm keen to see where Flare is heading and jump on Kickstart  when time comes. Until then the Savants and R2 Pro will keep me entertained.

So how do the Nobles sound compared to the R2Pros?

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #93 of 544
More detail, more extended highs, massive staging, less bass. The sound is a bit "distant" compared to R2Pro, so not that intimate. Very different all in all yet I'm happy with both.

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #96 of 544
I honestly can't remember now, sorry... and I listened to a random MP3, probably 128kbs, on an ipod.

I do remember there was more treble or more treble detail, something that stood out in comparison.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #98 of 544
In all seriousness, the massive success of the Isolate campaign on Kickstarter and Indiegogo had probably meant they can go straight to market with the new IEMs if they want.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #99 of 544
In all seriousness, the massive success of the Isolate campaign on Kickstarter and Indiegogo had probably meant they can go straight to market with the new IEMs if they want.

But then again, the Isolate line was a line of earplugs, so while those people would know about it, I'm not sure the IEM crowd would be in. Sure they have at least garnered the attention of those who got their original R2 series, but it could be better as a KS campaign to get more attention. Those who know of the either the R2 series and the Isolate series don't necessarily overlap; the people that got the Isolate might not realize that Flare does IEMs as well.

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #100 of 544
But then again, the Isolate line was a line of earplugs, so while those people would know about it, I'm not sure the IEM crowd would be in. Sure they have at least garnered the attention of those who got their original R2 series, but it could be better as a KS campaign to get more attention. Those who know of the either the R2 series and the Isolate series don't necessarily overlap; the people that got the Isolate might not realize that Flare does IEMs as well.

Ha ha yeah the IEM guys dont need "isolate" or any sort of ear plugs but just the IEMs themselves.......they are good for those who works in noisy environments,machineries,and get rid off yelling wife!!!:wink:

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #101 of 544
Totally agree, another issue I concern now is the price of the earphones. As there is discount for early birds, which is nearly halved the recommended retail price, but some agency will reduce the price immediately after the earphone launch, just like R2 pro is £199, where the early bird price is around the same. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #102 of 544
Ha ha yeah the IEM guys dont need "isolate" or any sort of ear plugs but just the IEMs themselves.......they are good for those who works in noisy environments,machineries,and get rid off yelling wife!!!
wink.gif

But for those who bought the Isolates, they might not even realize Flare makes an IEM; case in point, one could be listening to delightful music while ignoring the yelling wife rather than solely blocking the noise
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #105 of 544
  Totally agree, another issue I concern now is the price of the earphones. As there is discount for early birds, which is nearly halved the recommended retail price, but some agency will reduce the price immediately after the earphone launch, just like R2 pro is £199, where the early bird price is around the same. 

Yeah this. I'd be fine with preorder if they offer discounts though, they can get the money immediately (KS holds it for a month) and we can get the phones faster. Still, I think doing Indiegogo and KS campaigns will garner more interest than a simple preorder window...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back