:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015!
Apr 24, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #123 of 838
  Done! Got the weekend off, booked the Eurostar and booked a room for a few days at the Russell. Couldn't be more perfect!
I'm arriving Friday afternoon.

Those CanJam tickets can't be used with Apple PassBook I guess?

Wow, awesome! Where are you coming in from? I think you can sync the tickets to Apple PassBook using the Eventbrite app, will test this out myself later.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #127 of 838
Under 18s allowed? I recall other UK meets have barred it

Which UK meets? I've been to 5 over the years including 1 I helped organize & haven't seen any restrictions on age. Children probably wouldn't of been wanted around but teenagers genuinely interested in the hobby would always have been welcomed at any of the meets I've attended.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #128 of 838
Nuwidol is spot on with his post. I've been to 3 meets, organised 2 and none of them have banned under 18's. In fact on Saturday (25th April) we had a couple of young children accompanied by their father walking around our UK Head-Fi meet.  

Quote:
Which UK meets? I've been to 5 over the years including 1 I helped organize & haven't seen any restrictions on age. Children probably wouldn't of been wanted around but teenagers genuinely interested in the hobby would always have been welcomed at any of the meets I've attended.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #131 of 838
You're gonna regret that, I'm bringing my two boys then 9 and 11, never too young to learn about what's important in life. ie great sound.
They already have Audio Technica and AKG headphones and a turntable!

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #133 of 838
  You're gonna regret that, I'm bringing my two boys then 9 and 11, never too young to learn about what's important in life. ie great sound.
They already have Audio Technica and AKG headphones and a turntable!

Fantastic! I'm trying to get my 8 and 10 year old boys into it, but having the most success with my 4 year old girl!

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #134 of 838
  A question on music at Can Jam.
Is one allowed to bring his own music to listen to with the amps and cans one is interested in?
If so, do you bring a laptop with the music to connect to the Dac or rather a USB stick or SD card?

I think a USB stick or SD card would probably work best; another alternative might be an ipad/iphone/android with the appropriate USB connection, so USB/Lightning for i-devices or USB/microUSB for android devices. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #135 of 838
  I think a USB stick or SD card would probably work best; another alternative might be an ipad/iphone/android with the appropriate USB connection, so USB/Lightning for i-devices or USB/microUSB for android devices. 

Thanks, will bring a few songs on a stick.
Apart from experiencing CJ for the first time and meeting some of our other headfiers I,m really there to hear some select amps and phones I am intereted in buying. So a bit of audition with those few items would really help me moving in the right direction. Without having to buy and sell as part of the trial and error process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back