:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #47 of 433
Hello CanJammers of UK!
Day one was a fantastic. experience..
It was my first ever CanJam outside USA.  Thanks everyone for coming over to audition my favorite gear.
Special thanks to Demian, Cagin, Idrakumar and all those  who patiently waited for my attention. 
Apologies if I was not able to dedicate proper support..
I enjoyed meeting you all, and sharing experiences about music and gear.
It was a true honor to be positioned  right next to Senheisser booth too!

P.S. Many thanks to Head-fi organizers , Ethan, Jude and rest of the crew..
Looking forward to more CanJam tomorrow sundays.
D.T

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #49 of 433
Who is going tomorrow? :)
i am. 9am-1pm @registration :D

I saw bmichels' tag around the closing time, but I'm too reserved at first glance. Bummer because there were other French speaking members with you too. And I bet some might've been from Tellement Nomade forum too :xf_eek: sucks being shy.

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #52 of 433
Got to (indirectly) talk to many people there today, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful! Here's to hoping tomorrow will even be better!

@Duncan, thanks for dropping by, your impression was among the most descriptive (the wiggly line, that is)! :D
Tranhieu kudos to you for the diy ciem you made, really nice one. Hit me up tomorrow so can share some more feedback.

Well, that was a great day for more than one reason...

Strangely I found out courtesy of the Jaben stand that I have weird ears (small spinfit in left ear, and large in right, which might explain inconsistencies with the mediums I've been using!!)...

I've purchased, c/o the Brimair stand a really handy adapter that converts the 2.5mm balanced AK cable into a regular 3.5mm one (so now have a spare cable for my Layla's) oh, and thanks to Dimitri on the musica acoustics stand my wallet is a fair chunk lighter, the Vorzuge Pure II+ sounds fantastic with the Layla, had to pick one up there and then (sorry to the member that I sniped at the last minute!)... That means my Vorzuge Duo is now officially retired...

Everyone on the Chord stand was awesome, and Rob was his usual pearl of wisdom, there is so much we can all learn from him and the team, shame Johns inbound flight was delayed, maybe I'll head back tomorrow to meet with the main man!!!

The Questyle DAPs are awesome, am in love with the SQ... And at an absolute bargain price!!

There is so much to see and do, and the above is the briefest of summaries of what I did... Oh, and a teaser picture...

Aaah I think I know who you are now, I was there with Dimitri. The gentleman who wanted the vorzuge pure II+ was kind and allowed me to hear his setup, ultrasone>dx90>Hugo>vorzuge pure II+ (Sublime)

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #56 of 433
This HE1000 is really strange:  some people love it, some...hate it ! :eek:       

I just hope that this is not because all HE1000 do not sound the same due to poor quality control !  

May be you need to get used to it as mentioned a friend who bought is and did not liked it at first and.... now finally loves it ! 

And me... i do not know what to think of it.  So Far I do not like it but....I will listen to it again tomorrow.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #58 of 433
So i went pass the viva stand and saw something which i did not expect, which was the Kennerton Odin.

So i decided to give it a go, one thing i noticed was the weight of the headphones which i put them on which seemingly disappeared, concering how heavy they were from rumors. Comparing the Odin to the lcd 3 i have to say i much prefered the odin. Lcd 3 just proved to be congested to me, with it's weights trying to give my neck a workout. Odin had nice punchy bass, better transparency with much fuller vocals compared to the lcd 3.

Did not really compare it to the abyss with such short time but Odin is something i think everyone should listen to.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #59 of 433
I liked them but preferred both the Orpheus and stax to then...

I've always found the Orpheus a little underwhelming (due to price tag, hype, etc) But having said that, I have never tried either in an isolated/quiet room (only at different Head-Fi meets and now CanJam), so I can't reserve fair judgement. Having said that, for the environment I have tried them in, the HE1000 are more suitable.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #60 of 433
So i went pass the viva stand and saw something which i did not expect, which was the Kennerton Odin.

So i decided to give it a go, one thing i noticed was the weight of the headphones which i put them on which seemingly disappeared, concering how heavy they were from rumors. Comparing the Odin to the lcd 3 i have to say i much prefered the odin. Lcd 3 just proved to be congested to me, with it's weights trying to give my neck a workout. Odin had nice punchy bass, better transparency with much fuller vocals compared to the lcd 3.

Did not really compare it to the abyss with such short time but Odin is something i think everyone should listen to.

Well those Russians did claim that they're the best sounding headphones in the world. I'm real curious though and want to try them someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back