:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #31 of 433
Any one try the Nighthawk? I went back twice. It sounded very much better than the pre production version I heard earlier in the year. I liked it enough go go back to hear it twice, and yet I'm still not totally sold. It was smooth dark yet still had good detail but I thought it sounded a little too closed in... But for the price a good headphone I think

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #32 of 433
Who is going tomorrow?
smily_headphones1.gif

I will be there again...  (BTW, if someone want to listen to my TUR-06 or my PianoForte VIII, I have them with me.  They are for sale :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #34 of 433
Any one try the Nighthawk? I went back twice. It sounded very much better than the pre production version I heard earlier in the year. I liked it enough go go back to hear it twice, and yet I'm still not totally sold. It was smooth dark yet still had good detail but I thought it sounded a little too closed in... But for the price a good headphone I think
...and, this is where I have my problem with all things head-fi related (some may understand, and others may think I'm stupid) that the Laylas have spoilt me, and I cannot seemingly listen to anything else, as they all sound tonally and spatially off...

Not a good curse to have :frowning2:

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #35 of 433
I liked the Layla's but once again I find I am weird with IEMs and can easily get bothered by perceived treble. Will probably stick to my earsonics so at least saved myself some cash there ...

Best iem I heard was the Noble K10, I wouldn't kick that one out of the house

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #36 of 433
Ha ha yeah the He1000 is special - the space around the instruments!!! I didn't know I wanted one until today dammit
wink.gif

It really hit me when I listened to them on the Hugo TT, I was listening to Miles Davis' "So What" and the space and clarity and vibrancy of the drum kit off to the far right behind me was elating, I've never heard anything quite like it. I guess I can say goodbye to any expendable income I have this/next year, luckily I have my 21st coming up not too far away

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #37 of 433
It did worry me, some of the volume levels that people listen to / at...

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #39 of 433
It did worry me, some of the volume levels that people listen to / at...

I guess some folk listen to their cans on high levels, so they can drown out the sobbing lamentations of their depleted wallets :D.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #40 of 433
Ooh, look, a new grandchild...

(Ignore the cellophane on the new amp, Dimitri put this on, and I want to leave it on for a while...)

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #42 of 433
As to the TT it is a noticeable advance on the Hugo. Rob Watts described it as body and that sums it up - side by side in comparison to Hugo there was simply more authority and body to the sound. Enough to justify the price - well that's personal but if you want the best Hugo signature sound available the TT is it

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #44 of 433
I have to say my wallet is going to feel a lot lighter after this weekend. First headphone meet I have persuaded myself to double my budget on new headphones after auditioning some truly stunning cans such as Mr speakers ether. I was also impressed with oppo's Dacamp. Looking forward to tommorow, define try going to revisit some head gear. On a side note, the hotel russel is brilliant, beautiful architecture,fantastic bar aswell as comfy beds :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #45 of 433
I have to say my wallet is going to feel a lot lighter after this weekend. First headphone meet I have persuaded myself to double my budget on new headphones after auditioning some truly stunning cans such as Mr speakers ether. I was also impressed with oppo's Dacamp. Looking forward to tommorow, define try going to revisit some head gear. On a side note, the hotel russel is brilliant, beautiful architecture,fantastic bar aswell as comfy beds
smily_headphones1.gif

also spending seems smoother after a little while at the bar...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back