FLAC Player
Feb 9, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #16 of 34
I'm using a Meizu M6 (older SP version, before the SL) as a FLAC player. IMO, most of the firmware issues don't apply if you're just going to play FLAC files. And actually, right out of the box, you probably won't notice many issues at all.

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by GChow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using a Meizu M6 (older SP version, before the SL) as a FLAC player. IMO, most of the firmware issues don't apply if you're just going to play FLAC files. And actually, right out of the box, you probably won't notice many issues at all.

What are the issues for the m6 or music?

went onto meizume and heaps of problems with dead problems..;( guess il keep away still.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertInTheShape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i own two trekstor vibez 12gigs. the sound quality is the best i have heard on ANY player, including a rockboxed ipod, and a cowon. vibez all the way for sound, although the build and customer service is weak.

I agree on the customer service.

I disagree on the build quality as I've have very little problem with mine.

I do want to throw in that TrekStor has probably taken the lead in responsiveness to customer input with regard to firmware updates. (You have tried v1.15, right?)

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 34
cowon d2 manual says either 5000 files or 500 directories
are the limit.

Now, if that is with SD card or just internal memory, I am not sure.

d2 has some nice features but UI cannot compare to Iphone/Ipod.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 34
This limit should apply for internal memory and SD card together.
Cowon sometimes changes these limits by firmware updates, check a Cowon-specialized site like iaudiophile.net for the latest status.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaiden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: Looking into the Cowon D2, it seems nice, also having the ability to add a SD card. but its limited to 3k files?? I have over 3400 files(mp3 and FLAC). Is it 6k files with a SD card in?

The file limit is 3000 files for internal memory, and 3000 files for the SD card. Check here for confirmation.

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #24 of 34
Feb 10, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaiden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the post Pony, kind of put me off, I don't really have the patient to fix issues that pop up, and i had a zen:micro photo and hated the touch pad.. i acn only imagine the meizu is worse.

I am looking at a 5.5G Ipod 80GB, from Apple store, what is the SQ like? I will prob put Rockbox on it so i can play FLAC

sound like a good idea? I don't like the look of the Cowons =[ don't look nice to use either.

No, no no. Meizu firmware is no issue. They keep up. It's good now. SQ is fine. Expansion is non-existant. Suggest Cowon D2 for expansion. Don't like it? Apple is good. Anything YOU like is good.

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree on the customer service.

I disagree on the build quality as I've have very little problem with mine.

I do want to throw in that TrekStor has probably taken the lead in responsiveness to customer input with regard to firmware updates. (You have tried v1.15, right?)

Yeah, as far as the lemon vibez that i bought (and am still waiting for the replacement after over a month!!) i have been pleased with the software on the vibez. (the lemon had a software issue that even updating firmware would not solve-would not play at all) BUT on this vibez the little clear plastic screen comes of and on, so i have to put a case over it....
But again, the customer service has been downright unacceptable, I purchased a Vibez on Dec. 15 and sent it off the first week of January with no replacement yet....
BUT sound quality----grade A+. it makes cheap cans and earphones sound great.

Feb 10, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as they're lossless files, there's supposed to be no loss in quality in any form.

Once again, do consider this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/my...d-mini-290743/

Nice, i'll look further into it.

How does a 5.5g or iPod classic compare to the likes of the D2 and ipod mini?

I don't really like the rockbox UI.. kinda puts me off using it.

What should i use to copy flacs to apple loseless?

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can drag&drop using WINAMP with and Ipod, you don't need rockbox.

You still have to use Winamp for that. You can't literally drag and drop files into a directory.

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #30 of 34
You can use some other software as well (MediaMonkey, gtkpod, and others I'm forgetting), but yeah, no direct drag and drop unless you rockbox it. As for copying FLAC to ALAC, I believe dbpoweramp has that capability, and there were a few others mentioned in a thread recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back