FLAC on Sansa Fuze
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

magicianky

New Head-Fier
So I FINALLY got around to switching my library over to FLAC and now it won't transfer to my Fuze in WinAmp. Is there something special I need to do?

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Sorry I can't answer your question because I don't have a Fuze or use WinAmp but the way you worded your post suggests to me that you transcoded (converted) your previous library to FLAC?
Please tell me this isn't true.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 5
I have a Fuze, but I just transfer my files over as if the Fuze were a hard drive. It's a little bit annoying, but one less program to deal with. As far as "switching" your library to FLAC, you don't mean that you went from mp3/aac to FLAC do you? Going from a lossy codec to a lossless codec will just increase the size of the files while doing nothing to the sound quality...

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Don't worry, totally deleted the previous versions and re-uploaded everything as FLAC. I ended doing what usf09 mentioned and transferring everything manually. Took forever, but oh well.

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, it's annoying, it took me a couple weeks to split everything up. I used A,B,C... for my files, then went by artist. But now, every time I need to add new songs, it's pretty simple. I've though about going through Media Monkey or something like that, but this works fine for now. Good to hear you re-uploaded, enjoy the Fuze...sounds very good, IMO, even better with Rockbox (though I decided to wait until a stable version is created before keeping it as my firmware)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back