FLAC encoder not working in EAC
Jul 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jorts Maivia

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, first post here.

I'm using EAC to rip CDs and whenever I try to copy the tracks with FLAC compression I end up with just the .wav file. LAME 3.98 encoder is working just fine for when I rip the tracks to MP3 compression. Worst case scenario, I can still convert the .wav files to .flac in foobar. I'd rather do it in EAC though, since opening another program is another step. I've included a screenshot of my compression options with this question in the link below.

http://i.imgur.com/x6NI6.png

So am I doing something wrong? If I need to provide more info. I'd be glad to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
One thing I noticed was your comand line options are blank and your bit rate is low.

What he said.  Bit rate does not matter for Flac encoder.

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Your are correct that  Bit rate does not matter for Flac encoder . I read this before and forget it. That still leaves the comand line options that needed to be filled in. There may be more changes by the OP.

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
did you follow this guide when you first set up EAC ?
http://blowfish.be/eac

did you "Test & Copy selected Tracks -> Compressed" (Shift+f6)

What is wrong with this site?  It has excellent EAC guides but it jacks my cpu usage to 95 -100%, and keeps it there with no change.  It is the only site that does this I've come across.

I would say its my pc but I've read others have had this problem with this site.  What I read it was something like multiple abode flash programs running on it.   But I couldn't find that.  I ended up leaving before my cpu overheated.

My os is windows 7 sp1, 64-bit, 8gb RAM, and a i3-2105.  I only became aware of the problem when I heard my fans screaming and checked the asus sensor and task manager. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back