fixing my POS but one and only PCDP
Jan 15, 2003 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MagusG

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a Sony D-E307CK car discman that is a few years old. right now it's my only portable device. It's been acting strange for the last few years, but I havent used it much. It just randomly shuts off sometimes, otherwise there is nothing wrong with it. Has anyone had this problem with a Sony cd player? I would really like to get it fixed so I can have a portable cd player for on the go and in my car. Any kind of DIY repairs, or should I just send it off and have it fixed?
-Mag

Jan 15, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Wow, that thing still works? I've had two Sony D-E307s. They were my first PCDPs, and both broke exactly in the way you are describing. They both died about a year after I got them. Would keep stopping for no apparent reason, more and more frequently, until it finally wouldn't play anything at all.
confused.gif
Go figure. I really have no idea what it's problem was...
EDIT: Which is, BTW, why I switched to Panasonic and haven't bought a Sony PCDP since.

Jan 15, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 4
damn, thats not good news, whats a good mid priced panasonic PCDP that will play mp3's as well? I might be able to cough up enough at best buy tomorrow to pick one up, i've already ordered a supermini v4. Also, I know this sounds stupid but what would happen if i used my amp on the tape adapter for a cd player?
just curious.
-Mag

P.S. I would like one with a remote too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back