[FIXED] change forum theme
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

leeperry

Galvanically isolated his brain
is there any way to ditch the ugly orange background that's been showing up since a few hours ago please?

I'm colorblind and dark blue on orange is barely readable to me, I can't find any way to change the color theme in my profile options either 
confused_face.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 13
The new background is also making headfi basically unusable from the IPad on Safari.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 13
Who the hell came up with this theme?

IT SUCKS...!!!!!

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
The new background is also making headfi basically unusable from the IPad on Safari.

On mobile devices, it significantly slows page loads, scrolling, and use of the comment field.

703 KB is a ridiculous size for an ad banner. Some mobile browsers will not cache it, so it gets re-sent from the server on every pageload, which can clobber mobile network bandwidth.

Also, touch too close to the edge of the screen, no matter where you are on the page, and the browser starts loading JH Audio's facebook page too.

I will not visit head-fi from a mobile browser while this banner's running. That's not even by choice, unfortunately. The site's become nearly unusable and is actively hostile to my data cap.

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #9 of 13
To wear my developer's hat for a moment, I'm gonna point out that the image is practically optimized for inefficiency. Most of the pattern is hidden by the content foreground (a box with a minimum width of roughly 1,000 pixels).

By replacing that hidden area with a flat color field, the ad would look exactly the same as it does now, but would compress much more efficiently, and be considerably smaller and easier for browsers to render.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back