FitEar ToGo 334 versus Beyerdynamic T5p
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DICOM

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

First time long time. My apologies if this thread has been started elsewhere. My question: Given the obvious differences in design, what is the community's opinion of these two products for use in a travel environment?My source is an iPhone 5, but I am strongly leaning toward the AK100, now that there is support for ALAC/AIFF.  I intend to purchase a portable amp (suggestions also welcome). My musical tastes are relatively diverse but trend toward rock, female/male vocal, and hip-hop/rap. I occasionally listen to jazz and be-bop. I rarely (if ever) listen to classical music or EDM.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 4
Iems are a safer bet. They are smaller and they isolate more. As far as sound is concern I've only heard the t5p very briefly and all I can say is if you are willing to spend that much on a headphone that big you're better off getting a proper T1. Never tried the 334.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm using T5P but never listened to the ToGo 334.

T5P's isolation is okay, which is no match to my ER4 and Super.fi3. Also they might be a bit bulky to use in the subway or on the economy class seats.

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 4
A belated thanks for the reply NicoCat. I ended going with the 334s, which I currently running straight out of the AK100. My ALO International should arrive tomorrow. I originally ordered the Rx MK3-B but found the noise floor too high (i.e., too much hiss).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back