FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #348 of 768
Actually i find 334 can be satisfying for deep bass tracks but can be a bit fatiguing for my ears after a couple of hours due to presence of bass. If the bass is a bit lighter (that surely would be great).

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #349 of 768
Quote:
Hi music,

Kindly ask, if you try the parterre with the 000 or 001 cable?

Hi there lescanadiens,

Have only tried the stock cable (don't know what model it is), exactly the same stock cable that comes with the TG334.

Quote:
I am juat wondering if it is worth to own 3003 and parterre. Try the 334 but fatigue after a short while.

I love my 3003 and consider it my go-to iem.

The quick answer is no (bolded text). The longer answer is, of course, it depends. Like you, and as noted already, the 334s were ultimately not for me. The Parterre's tonal balance is very close to that of the K3003s, so in that sense I'm very happy to own both.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #350 of 768
music_4321

Are you listening to both the K3003 and Parterre off the V200? I really need to get my pair in and really A/B it with the K3003 which I have unlimited access to. I am going by memory and do find the K3003 much richer sounding tonally with more weight throughout the FR compared to the Parterre. Take the trebles, they couldn't be more different to my ears....the K3003 has a lot more weight and a beautiful brassiness that is pretty much unique to it.

Anyway let's see when I get the Parterre in the house.................. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #351 of 768
Quote:
music_4321

Are you listening to both the K3003 and Parterre off the V200?

Yes, mostly (I'd say 85-90% off the V200 and 10-15% off the HPO of my 4G Touch).

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #352 of 768
Quote:

Very, very well, IMO, but vocals are not forward... nor recessed, for that matter.

I see. I'm still not quite sure about these since I'm coming from IEM's with a forward mid range (EQ-7, RE262 and CK100). I have also tried the UE900 and I liked bit but the vocals was a bit recessed for my taste.
Quote:
i personally wouldn't reccomend it for rock or vocals

What problems did you have with these genres?

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #353 of 768
vocals are not as sweet i guess, i listen to a lot of classical as well, so it seems like i prefer instruments instead of vocals. that being said, i listen to rock and accoustics on it from time to time

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #354 of 768
Hi music_4321,

Thank you for your reply.
I have similar IEM set up with 3003, PFx, Kaede so i trust your impressions will connect withmy taste somehow.

I guess i will pass on parterre and focus on other possibilities (JH 13 fp, SE 5 or MH 335DW).

Cheers

Hi there lescanadiens,

Have only tried the stock cable (don't know what model it is), exactly the same stock cable that comes with the TG334.

The quick answer is no (bolded text). The longer answer is, of course, it depends. Like you, and as noted already, the 334s were ultimately not for me. The Parterre's tonal balance is very close to that of the K3003s, so in that sense I'm very happy to own both.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #356 of 768
Quote:
I see. I'm still not quite sure about these since I'm coming from IEM's with a forward mid range (EQ-7, RE262 and CK100). I have also tried the UE900 and I liked bit but the vocals was a bit recessed for my taste.

For what it's worth, I've owned the CK100 (not the newer CK100 Pro), an IEM that was a very, very close relative of the UM3X. I've never heard the EQ-7 or RE262, but 3 and 4 years ago I enjoyed the UM3X & CK100 a lot. A couple of days ago, I stated that of all the phones I've heard, the 3 I'd keep would be the K3003, Parterre and 1601SS.

The FAD 1601SS and its sibling / twin, the 1602SS (aka Piano Forte IX) are seriously mid-centric phones. Their sonics are so different, that I very rarely recommend these phones. In fact, these phones are so different-sounding that some think they're absolute rubbish, and I can understand where they're coming from when they say so. BUT, for some strange reason, I personally need to have either the 1601 or 1602 in my life — I'd need to have one 160X IEM and either my HD800, K3003 or Parterre, if I was forced to only choose two phones (chances are I'd choose either the K3003 or Parterre because both are truly portable). Seems I'm not alone regarding this very strange love for, and/or addiction to, the 160Xs, as several other owner have expressed a tremendous attachment to the sonics of these very peculiar phones.

Now, the 160Xs could never be described as good all-rounders (too mid-centric AND with rolled-off treble and bass). The CK100 & UM3X are not as drastic-sounding as the 160Xs, but I'd take the 160Xs any day over the ATHs & Westones as the 160Xs are not just about their unique midrange. I would not describe the other two IEMs as good all-rounders, either, as they're a bit too warm, with a very intimate sound which isn't always very realistic.

The Parterre, like the K3003s, are more balanced, more correct from a FR standpoint. Not only are they both excellent all-rounders, but, unlike the CK100 & UM3X, they really sound high-end, more like excellent open-back headphones. The Parterre and K3003 simply play in a different league.

You may ultimately still prefer the CK100, but I honestly doubt most people would. BUT, as it happens with any phone, we already have one person (tomscy2000) who says they prefer the F111 (perhaps tranhieu, too, [I'm not sure about him, though]). To me, the F111 isn't even close sonically to the Parterres; the F111 is a very nice phone, but it not so infrequently sounded unconvincing and two-dimensional to these ears. The Parterre, I find, mimics much more convincingly what I hear in the real world.

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #357 of 768
Quote:

For what it's worth, I've owned the CK100 (not the newer CK100 Pro), an IEM that was a very, very close relative of the UM3X. I've never heard the EQ-7 or RE262, but 3 and 4 years ago I enjoyed the UM3X & CK100 a lot. A couple of days ago, I stated that of all the phones I've heard, the 3 I'd keep would be the K3003, Parterre and 1601SS.

The FAD 1601SS and its sibling / twin, the 1602SS (aka Piano Forte IX) are seriously mid-centric phones. Their sonics are so different, that I very rarely recommend these phones. In fact, these phones are so different-sounding that some think they're absolute rubbish, and I can understand where they're coming from when they say so. BUT, for some strange reason, I personally need to have either the 1601 or 1602 in my life — I'd need to have one 160X IEM and either my HD800, K3003 or Parterre, if I was forced to only choose two phones (chances are I'd choose either the K3003 or Parterre because both are truly portable). Seems I'm not alone regarding this very strange love for, and/or addiction to, the 160Xs, as several other owner have expressed a tremendous attachment to the sonics of these very peculiar phones.

Now, the 160Xs could never be described as good all-rounders (too mid-centric AND with rolled-off treble and bass). The CK100 & UM3X are not as drastic-sounding as the 160Xs, but I'd take the 160Xs any day over the ATHs & Westones as the 160Xs are not just about their unique midrange. I would not describe the other two IEMs as good all-rounders, either, as they're a bit too warm, with a very intimate sound which isn't always very realistic.

The Parterre, like the K3003s, are more balanced, more correct from a FR standpoint. Not only are they both excellent all-rounders, but, unlike the CK100 & UM3X, they really sound high-end, more like excellent open-back headphones. The Parterre and K3003 simply play in a different league.

You may ultimately still prefer the CK100, but I honestly doubt most people would. BUT, as it happens with any phone, we already have one person (tomscy2000) who says they prefer the F111 (perhaps tranhieu, too, [I'm not sure about him, though]). To me, the F111 isn't even close sonically to the Parterres; the F111 is a very nice phone, but it not so infrequently sounded unconvincing and two-dimensional to these ears. The Parterre, I find, mimics much more convincingly what I hear in the real world.

I have the same opinion. at first, I expect the F111 has very sparkle treble but I found it even much lesser sparkle than my parterre

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #358 of 768
Quote:

Thanks Music. I think I understand what you mean about the CK100. Sounds like I might quite like the Parterre, was also thinking about the 334 but I don't really like too much bass, more of a vocal person. Even the CK100 bass is enough for my taste.
Quote:
vocals are not as sweet i guess, i listen to a lot of classical as well, so it seems like i prefer instruments instead of vocals. that being said, i listen to rock and accoustics on it from time to time

Cool, thanks.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #359 of 768
Quote:

A couple of days ago, I stated that of all the phones I've heard, the 3 I'd keep would be the K3003, Parterre and 1601SS.

The 1601SS (which I still own) is definately a "guilty pleasure". It's finicky, odd to wear, critical (IMO) of what tips you use and what it does wrong is obvious the first minute you listen to it. BUT...

What it does right is, to me, almost unique among IEM's, from it's expansive sound stage to it's dynamics to its sense of allowing one to hear into dense mixes. I can't bring myself to let it go, at the end of the day. The other favorite IEM's I have (the K3003, Kaede and Sony EX-1000) are certainly more foresquare and honest but the FAD has that certain something. I would love to hear the Parterre, if it's a variation on the K3003, I suspect I would like it quite a bit.

I talked more about this at my blog http://theaudiolog.com/2012/08/ but if the 1601SS is the "road less traveled", in my view, it's one worth traveling.

Kevin

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #360 of 768
Oh yes, those wonderfully ergonomic 1601s! I'm rather fortunate as I get a fairly good fit & excellent SQ with a cable-over-the-ear fit using the (thick) metal tips. Only thing, though, is the cable is 20cm shorter than the 1602's cable (120cm vs 140cm), so not great when I want to use them with my desktop amp. I get a perfect fit with the 1602s with either a cable-down or over-the-ear fit (prefer the former). If FAD were unapologetic about the 1601's sonics, they were a little more so with the 1602s… and no choice of tips for the 1602s. I can wear my 1602s for hours on end and forget they're in my ears. The fact the ears are allowed to breathe make them one of phones I enjoy using the most—well, apart from the compelling sonics, that is. (Of course isolation is practically non-existent which, luckily for my needs, isn't a bad thing at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back