Fit Ear
Aug 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mcarter3

100+ Head-Fier
So im at moto gp at indianapolis this weekkend and theres a vendor for custom in ear monitors. I go to the booth and talk to the guy just to see what hes about and they seem to be a small high end in ear company focused on ear protection so they were marketing some customs for motorcycle use. I listened to some of his 2, 3 and 4 driver universal versions of his monitors and they sounded pretty good out of his i phone. the 3 and 4 driver units were VERY good. I didnt spend a ton of time there but they were very detailed cosidering it was mp3 from an i phone. I don't have my westone 3s with me to back to back tomorrow but i will take a listen with some flac on my rockbox ipod.

My question is, has anyone heard of this company and how do they stack up to other customs? Their 4 driver monitors go for 1400 and their 3 drivers are 1200. The 4 driver universal versions i was really impressed with, incredible detail. The 3 drivers not as much. I havent listened to anything higher end than my westones for iem's and it was a very brief session from a weak source.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
There are a couple of hot threads on headfi right now
Fitear111 and fitear334 threads-check them out.
Its a small Japan company.

Nope, different fiterar, we are talking about fit-ear here!

http://www.fit-ear.com

Was it Mark Hood you spoke to?

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 8
one is really only america, one japan, they are both different slightly and also have different target audeience.

Fitear - Japan

Us or Audiophiles

Fit-ear - US

Ear protection an motor bike use etc.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 8
I met Mark from fit ear at CES 2011. The earphones they use are VERY low profile and seem pretty well made. There were some problems with the crossovers, though, so when you plugged into certain portable players (iPod touch 3G) you get crazy phase errors that sound like metal on metal. But they may have fixed those errors. At that time, Mark said it was a fault with the iPod. That was pretty barefaced. No other multi-armature earphone I've used made those errors with ANY hardware. 

If they fix that (and sort of fix their image (calling customers wrong)), they have a pretty interesting product made in USA and with a low profile. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 8
I don't know if it was Mark, I haven't been able to find his card, just got back and its somewhere in the unpacking whirlwind. I didn't get a chance to get back to the booth on race day, really wished I had seen the set up sooner so I could get some molds done and on file. I wont be getting customs any time soon but will definitely own a pair some day and will remember fit-ear when I do my research. I am still curious if anyone in this community has some feedback on their products, my search results seem to all be on the Japanese company.

TBH I did do a quick search from my phone but accidentally sorted by recency so nothing relevant came up initially. I started this thread assuming it was a pretty small company or possibly new and I was also really excited to be experiencing things from 2 of my very different and very favorite hobbies. I am glad I made the mistake so I could find out that there are 2 separate companies, otherwise I would have read about the products distributed by ALO and read a few reviews and been none the wiser.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #8 of 8
The American Fit Ear had no idea at all that Fit-Ear in Japan existed. I believe the CEO's name is Mark, though I could be wrong. The earphones made by the USA company sound good as long as their crossovers have been fixed. that was a big problem. Check them out at the fair if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back