Fischer DBA-02 vs. ER4P in terms of bass
Dec 26, 2010 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kiriath39

New Head-Fier
I have owned the ER4Ps for MANY years and they are still working perfectly.  Over the years I always wished for another pair of IEMs with more BASS presence.  However, I was never too convinced or willing to pull the trigger on one.  The latest reviews of the DBA-02 have me wondering and some comparison in terms of bass between the two would be most welcome.
Am I wrong to be considering the DBA-02?  I am not a bass head and would love to have the resolution of the ER4Ps along with a little extra bass.  Any recommendations are welcome.
As far as price range, DBA-02 is the max I am willing to spend.

Thank you!

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 6
I won't say DBA-02 bass is quantitatively much larger than ER4P. but it has bigger 'slam' / attack and slightly fuller body. You will also find DBA-02 to be more aggressive on upper mid and treble.

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 6
As someone who have used the ER4p for 2+ years I have made the switch to DBA-02 and have not regretted it yet. The DBA-02 still loses to the ER4p in terms of resolution but not by much and the tradeoff for the extra bass impact and extension and bigger soundstage is more than worth it.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Schytheavatar, your description of the differences between both IEMs sounds exaclty like what I'm looking for.  Thanks! 

The only other IEM I was also considering is the Q-Jays.  Any impressions on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back