Fischer Audio SBA-01 vs Eterna?
May 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

b33r

New Head-Fier
with the stocks the new Fischer Audio products coming to Singapore earliest next week, and my PL30s dying out, i decided it's time for an upgrade.

after checking out the favourable reviews of both the SBA-01 and the Eterna, i'm kinda stuck between the two, seeing how the SBA-01 isn't much more expensive then the Eterna. also, the new upgraded Eternas are coming, so i'm not sure what to get.

basically, i listen to classic rock, blues, metal, etc. stuff like Led Zeppelin, Eagles. as a bassist, i'm looking for strong, detailed bass but yet with clear mids and highs. a wide soundstage would be preferred too, for a better listening experience.

after reading the first reviews of the Eterna, i had already decided on it, but it was out of stock as FA was upgrading it. then i learnt about the SBA-01, and it seems to better the Eterna in everyway (unless someone can offer to share otherwise?).

so, can anyone advise me? money is an issue, since i'm still a student. that's why i'm not considering the DBA-02, even though i would like to.

May 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 13
There is a new revised Eterna coming but we don't know just how it sounds yet.

Might I ask why, based on your criteria, you don't have the Hippo VB as an option? Many feel they have better bass and soundstage than either the SBA and current Eterna.

May 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 13
actually, my brother does own a pair of Hippo VBs. they're pretty damn good, but the Eterna is actually cheaper here, if i remember correctly. and after seeing ClieOS's review on it, i thought it might suit me.

May 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 13
The SBA-01 is like the Eterna of BA IEMs.
The Eterna is the Eterna that people love for it's sound signature. If you think the Eterna suits you, then go Eterna because the SBA sounds nothing like it. It sounds like a BA version of the Eterna.

May 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #9 of 13
Yes, the SBA-01 and DBA-02 sound quite different. One goes for fun, and the latter goes for perfection, neutrality, naturality, and transparency.

May 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SBA-01 is like the Eterna of BA IEMs.
The Eterna is the Eterna that people love for it's sound signature. If you think the Eterna suits you, then go Eterna because the SBA sounds nothing like it. It sounds like a BA version of the Eterna.

wow that actually makes a lot of sense to me haha. so by describing the SBA-01 as "a BA version of the Eterna", can i assume you mean it has better sound quality, but weaker bass response?

May 4, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by b33r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow that actually makes a lot of sense to me haha. so by describing the SBA-01 as "a BA version of the Eterna", can i assume you mean it has better sound quality, but weaker bass response?

From what I have heard (so in my opinion, others may hear differently), and if by weaker bass response you mean less impact/kick, then yes, the SBA is weaker in that sense. But as someone before has said the sound signatures are quite different (neither the Eternas or SBA can be considered to better SQ compared to the other, just whichever you prefer, and what type of music you listen to). What you lack in the quantity of bass, you get it back in quality, and it has to be said that for a BA earphone, it has more bass than quite a lot of other BA earphones out there making it less of a "neutral" or analytical type earphone and more something you can sit down and let the music carry you away.

May 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #12 of 13
May I know where to get them in Singapore? I don't believe Jaben has them, do they? I'm pretty interested in the DBA02s. Why not save up and get those instead of the SBAs/Eterna if it means you won't have to upgrade to anything else in the long run? From the review (I can't find more than one ><)/comments I've seen about it, it seems like quite a steal for 200+ haha

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
May I know where to get them in Singapore? I don't believe Jaben has them, do they? I'm pretty interested in the DBA02s. Why not save up and get those instead of the SBAs/Eterna if it means you won't have to upgrade to anything else in the long run? From the review (I can't find more than one ><)/comments I've seen about it, it seems like quite a steal for 200+ haha

you can get it shipped and delivered from www.treoo.com

I happen to help out with the site and SBA in is stock.

any issue, you can contact me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back