Fischer Audio FA-011 as good as the HD650?
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skyeken

New Head-Fier
Hi folks, been visiting the site for a while now and been bitting by the bug.   Just wondering if these are really as good as they are made out to be. Read all the threads and pulled the trigger on a pair since a few were available on Ebay from Fischer (though seem to be all sold now).   I have SR80's, K141 mk2's, K240 Studio and  DR150's and a couple of Superlux models.  I like the AKG's, especially the 141's though I find the Grado and Goldring to be too forward.  Would like something a step up from these and initially thought the FA-011 was the answer but now not sure. Would love the HD650 or 600 but it is way above my budget and besides if I can get close to the sound for a third of the price I'd be happy.  I realise if I hadn't bought all the others I could have had a pair but I wanted to get experience with different headphones.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Considering the FA-003 is rated at just below or at HD-600 quality, I doubt the FA-011 approaches it. I'd recommend the FA-003 or FA-002W for you.

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply.  Yeah I'm thinking I'll probably try and cancel the order and sell some of my current headphones or save up. Ultimately I'll probably always want something in the range of the Sennheisers anyway.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 4
ive heard that its a great bang for the buck and it comes close, but still not as good as hd 650 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back