Fischer Audio Eterna rev.2 vs Head Directs re0 for use with iphone/laptop
Jun 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

smoses799

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the "head fi" scene.  i found this forum a few weeks ago and have been lurking trying to decide on a IEM.  I came to the realization that while my car and home have enthusiast level gear, I have been settling for $10 skull candy IEMs to use on my motorcycle or with my laptop.  thus, my current dilemma.

I have decided that $80 is my budget for new IEMs.  Mainly because I am on my 8th pair of SC IEMs. (4-broke, 1- melted on engine, 1-dog ate, 1- colleague stole, current- wire broke internally...only 1 bud working).  

So, I have narrowed the candidates to the Eterna v2 and RE0's.  I'm leaning towards the Eternas because reviews seem to give the impression that they are more balanced, while the RE0's might lack base and need amplification. (i have no idea where to even start to learn about portable amplifies lol..)

I was wondering what the consensus of the forum would be.  These IEMs would be used on my motorcycle, running, at the gym, and during laptop work and 14hr plane flights. 

thanks again,

Shaun

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 3
RE0 are dead balanced, you will be pressed hard to find more balance. They are good on their own, they go up a level with a good amp. Without an amp they can sound bass-light to some, depending on what you like and where you come from. They are also very transparent which means they sound very bad with bad sources and very good with good ones. So for 128kb mp3s I strongly recommend against them.
Eterna are on the extreme opposite of RE0, they have more bass in quantity (cant comment on quality). They are known to be extremely fun iems, with a very unique sound signature. They are more forgiving of poor sources. It comes down to preference in the end. Both are considered top-tier in sub-100$.

Comfort and isolation are tip depended, but i believe eterna are designed for deeper insertion. RE0 are a bit weird to wear over the ear. Also RE0's sound is VERY depended on the tip used.

PS: I don't think iems are good for driving since you cannot listen to ambient noise plus the sound of the motorcycle will probably be quite annoying even with iems. That's all imho obviously, I haven't actually tried it.

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks for the info. bit the bullet and are gonna try out the eterna .v2  ... if they dont work i may grab the RE0 or go up a class to the dba-02... if none of these are what im looking for, ill just live with the sc inkd :p lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back